Fife Football Forum

Midweek games

F.G.A.U

Think the winter has come later this year and a decision was made to put the cups into league sections as some teams only had a few games left to play at the start of Feb.  One suggestion is keeping the league sections but only playing each other once, 2 at home and 2 away.  It will end up the same as last year with teams who have no chance of progressing from their group, withdrawing from the competition to save money on unfullfilling fixtures and getting a £50 fine each time.   The decision would have to made before the first game in each group though so it might be a bit difficult to implement it before then 

Edited by LeslieHearts72

I’m just looking at last season a few teams pulled out halfway through the section games as they were struggling to get players to field a team every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.  I think if we hadn’t got this bad weather in recent weeks it would have worked out fine but now it’s going to be a bit of a rush to get games in, that’s only my opinion though 

Think we have missed about 5 sat this season think that's about same every season.. start season 2 weeks earlier that's 4 games out way.. would have this same shite every year..  know council don't open parks till about 15th aug.. but setting a meeting up with them to discuss starting 1st sat off aug can't be that hard... would prob save season ending in July with teams waiting 3 weeks to play a final

Most teams are buzzing at start of the season and ready to go .... most teams in the top league have there own park and am sure they can start earlier in august with getting round a table and talking with each other to help with fixtures ... imo which i said at the start of the season teams in top league should be playing sat tues thurs for the first  3 weeks of the season which gives every team in top league 9 games before september ...... the championship and bottom league could have there league cup section at the same time and  semi finals could be sorted before the middle of september ..... then the league games will commence without teams at the end of the season pulling out of games as it will be league games they are playing not meaningless cup section games 

but hey what do i know eh 

I agree with what is being said but if we don’t want the Championship cup and the division 1 cups being played in league sections then it has to be sorted out before this Saturday.  I’m only going on what happened last season when the cup was put into mini leagues teams picked up injuries and suspensions and with it being a cup trialists weren’t allowed to play 

26 minutes ago, LeslieHearts72 said:

I agree with what is being said but if we don’t want the Championship cup and the division 1 cups being played in league sections then it has to be sorted out before this Saturday.  I’m only going on what happened last season when the cup was put into mini leagues teams picked up injuries and suspensions and with it being a cup trialists weren’t allowed to play 

Div 1 league cup games have already started. Some teams have already played 2.

For starters, you are entitled to come on here and voice your comments and opinions within reason, however, name calling on any committee member who put in some amount of hours so that we can all enjoy the game we love is, in my opinion out of order and below the belt!

I don't normally come on a public forum and comment on League business but would suggest you discuss with your club delegate who attended the meeting when the suggestions were put forward.

Three times the question was asked regarding the League Cups etc There was no one against, so carried unanimously.

If you read the email regarding the 35minute rule it categorically states this is only an option!

Regarding the start of the season, please note that we put forward a motion at the AGM to start the season early. This was vetoed by our clubs on a vote!

1 hour ago, ya cant said:

Most teams are buzzing at start of the season and ready to go .... most teams in the top league have there own park and am sure they can start earlier in august with getting round a table and talking with each other to help with fixtures ... imo which i said at the start of the season teams in top league should be playing sat tues thurs for the first  3 weeks of the season which gives every team in top league 9 games before september ...... the championship and bottom league could have there league cup section at the same time and  semi finals could be sorted before the middle of september ..... then the league games will commence without teams at the end of the season pulling out of games as it will be league games they are playing not meaningless cup section games 

but hey what do i know eh 

See u do talk sense neebs. 

4 hours ago, ya cant said:

why asking teams to play 35 mins each half when its 45 mins each half ? Cause he knows on the 27th that there is no way games will be finished in 90 mins with a 6-30 ko and rules state you can get 15 mins if your running late so potentially a 6-45 ko which will probably happen as players do work and rush to get there ........ so game wont finish till 8-05 or 8-20 ish  and you wonder why people are kicking up fackk ...... hes boobed by starting the 27th march and now its everyone elses fault for having ago at his mistake ..... a get the abuse is out of order but all his own doing asking teams to help him out when he knows midweek has started too early ... just forget about EGOS and say av made a mistake and cancel midweek games till its the right time ffs maybe a bit more respect for him......

its no rocket science 

The Match Sec is NOT asking or telling teams to play 35mins. 

This is an OPTION that some clubs MIGHT want to take up and the rule is in the constitution to accommodate this.

It needs BOTH clubs to agree playing 35mins each half.

With regard to your other post where you suggest that some clubs who have their own pitch can start the season early. This was brought up at a Meeting before the season started when every club in attendance had a vote and the majority voted for ALL clubs to start the season at the same time.

Any changes to the format of a cup competition has to be approved by the clubs in the Association. The Match Sec may make a suggestion but the clubs don't have to agree with it and can put forward their own idea of how a cup competition is run.

To vote for a cup competition to be played a certain way and then come on here later and moan about it I just find that sad, really sad. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing especially when it comes to the weather. Do people honestly think that the Cup competition format they voted for to extend the season for some clubs added to missed games due to weather will put pressure on some and it is all the Match Secs fault.

In all honestly how much more light will there be midweek 2-3 weeks after the clocks have gone forward to the light level 1 week after. That's what folk are complaining about.

2 hours ago, BigL said:

The Match Sec is NOT asking or telling teams to play 35mins. 

This is an OPTION that some clubs MIGHT want to take up and the rule is in the constitution to accommodate this.

It needs BOTH clubs to agree playing 35mins each half.

With regard to your other post where you suggest that some clubs who have their own pitch can start the season early. This was brought up at a Meeting before the season started when every club in attendance had a vote and the majority voted for ALL clubs to start the season at the same time.

Any changes to the format of a cup competition has to be approved by the clubs in the Association. The Match Sec may make a suggestion but the clubs don't have to agree with it and can put forward their own idea of how a cup competition is run.

To vote for a cup competition to be played a certain way and then come on here later and moan about it I just find that sad, really sad. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing especially when it comes to the weather. Do people honestly think that the Cup competition format they voted for to extend the season for some clubs added to missed games due to weather will put pressure on some and it is all the Match Secs fault.

In all honestly how much more light will there be midweek 2-3 weeks after the clocks have gone forward to the light level 1 week after. That's what folk are complaining about.

So do you honestly think that the midweek games on the 27th will finish 90 mins with a 15 minute break and possibly a 15 minute later ko which is all in the rules so potentially an 20-30 finish a looked out my window tonight at 18-45 and it was getting dark .... albeit on the 27th this will be 19-45 .. most games will still have half an hour to go ... surely common sense has to prevail and cancel these games unless teams want to play half an houf each way ..... or 3 corners a penalty ....... hes asking teams to play 35 mins each half no matter how much spin you put on it 

Hahahaha....... 

I've not been on here for quite some time, and catching up with what has been going on in the Fife amateur football world before my shift last night, and everything seems to be going along nicely, and then BOOM... Fife becomes the laughing stock yet again, these last 2 topics are brilliant!! I for one used to think this is where the Kingdom set up got it spot on, leaving it a couple of weeks before playing midweek, to give it half a chance of a game finishing in daylight hours. Then for the fixture secretary to suggest to teams to make the decision that if you want your game to finish you will have to make the decision and agree to play 35 mins each half, hahaha... please someone take these decisions off this guy. New set up is fast becoming a laughing stock, by lack of common sense!!!

From a neutrals point of view its absolutely hilarious, but I do feel for the managers, coaches, players, and club committees, when it comes to silly decisions like this, these guys all put in as much work as the fixture secretary or any other league committee member, before someone starts raving "do you know how much work this guy put in" I for one don't buy that, these positions need someone in them who will/can use a bit of common sense!!

it's just a basic level of respect pal. Most of us are telling players to respect each other, their coaches, refs and then to be coming on here and getting on like that is ridiculous not to mention we do need a match secretary. I wouldn't be rushing to do it for any amount of money seeing the abuse you get on here if any mistakes are made, and I'd go out on a limb and say the ones giving abuse on here won't be rushing to volunteer either!