Fife Football Forum

Reversing Cup ties

rover1308

What’s the rule about reversing cup ties, according to Scottish Constitution it states:

If a tie is postponed for a third time the Technical advisor shall consider the circumstances surrounding said postponements and shall have the authority to reverse the tie.

Is our constitution different!!

Because it states third time??

And surely the fact the ‘Fixture Secretary’ decided ‘all’ games were cancelled on 3rd March, this can’t count as a cast fixture!! They were even deleted from league website for this date, are we just making the rules as we go along !!

If clubs were told this would happen we for one would have booked another park!!!

Just doing what he wants by the look of it .... all games were cancelled that day by the league surely that shouldnt go towards a game cancelled  by your club .

its getting more farcical every day min ..... wait on bigL explaining this one ..... popcorn is at the ready 

Edited by ya cant

We’ve been stung by this too, despite the whole country being shut down over one of those weekends. I was quoted a rule on page 40 of the handbook 

"The Match Secretary may reverse any local/domestic cup fixture after it has been called off twice."

The word ‘may’ interested me. Two feet of snow is not something we can do much about but we’re required to crack on.

This one is even better.....hahahaha.

So from what I am reading, after the biggest weather warning in history, the League has quite rightly put off all fixtures due to the country being covered in snow.... and the fixture secretary has taken it upon himself to dig out his little rule book and take the decision that this will count as a club calling off a game, and after two strikes the fixture is reversed? Yet the SAFA rule reads after three games, shouldn't these rules all be the same? Or again should a bit of common sense kick in!! 

As stated in first post, the league should have informed all teams this was happening, so they can try and book another park in there area..... this should no way just be thrown out there that I have taken it upon myself to reverse these fixture due to the "beast from the east" haha.

Lesson to all clubs, at the next league meeting or AGM make sure all these crazy rules are ironed out or changed, or even better used with a bit of common sense, as it only takes a few crazy decisions like this to become a comedy show, not a well run association! For a neutral it is quite funny though...hahahah!

I spoke to the Safa and they’re take on it is that on the 3rd occasion both teams would be made aware that should the game be in doubt at the home park the fixture may be reversed, after all circumstances taken into consideration...

The clubs didn’t even have an option the first week, we were told all fixtures cancelled and willl be played next week...

It’s not even set in stone in the handbook as it states ‘MAY’, so hopefully we get an explanation!!!!!!!

Is there not a rule about % of parks in the area being off as well???

Am sure when one of the junior games was off (it was a scottish cup game) I heard someone ask if that would now make the fixture reversed as it had been postponed twice before, but on this occasion almost every other game in the area was also off and because it was above a certain % of games off it never went against them even though this was the 3rd postponement.  The fixture went ahead the following week?

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, rover1308 said:

That would certainly make sense, but seems like KoFAFA Match Sec can do as he pleases.....

that's why he is the match sec.

2 hours ago, mgm said:

Pub league