Fife Football Forum

Results Thursday 19th

Berti

20 minutes ago, Tekkersjeff88 said:

Just saying that we recognised 3 of ur starting 11 from previous games. Maybe just a coincidence that the first team didn’t have a game haha. 

All the best for rest of season. 

As mentioned above, 1 of the boys was given a run out tonight as he hasn’t had game time for the first team. 

Most of the boys tonight have been on the end of both doings that you have given us already this season. 

You had the majority of the play tonight and could have gone 2-1 up. We grafted hard and got the win. 

With all due respect, if we had had 8 of the 11 from the first team tonight, the score line would have been very different given the form they are in. 

The first team has played six games in 2 weeks including a graft v Leven on Tuesday night. They travel to Bowhill on Saturday, so it would take someone pretty stupid to send his players to another game tonight instead of giving them the night off. 

Sounds like you are deflecting. 

not decrying your thoughts, but EVERY other team is playing thro the same scenario of playing games at this time of season with ONLY  the squad they have and are finding it difficult to field strong teams to compete and barter for the success that every team strives for. I admit I am not a fan of being able to PLAY for 2 teams over the season albeit under the same team heading but thats the rules and you are doing everything by the rule book so batter on. If teams would like to change this rule then a proposal needs to be in before the AGM. Loads of people have options and voice it on here so this is the opportunity for them to take it to the next step .........if they want ???

I hear eaxactly what you are saying but you are missing the point of my post. Nobody from the first team went to the reserve game apart from a young full back, who is showing potential but hasn’t quite pinned a place down in the first team. Surely you take the opportunity to develop and motivate the player with the chance to play in a match?

Or do we lose the player from football due to lack of action to keep things fair?

What i find remarkable is that guys are unhappy about AM Soccer ‘benefitting’ from having two teams. It’s cost a fortune to run and doubled up the traffic on our facilities making them less desirable. In fact, it’s cost more than normal too because when both teams are cast at home, you’re looking at over £100 for the Astro and changing at the Howe Rugby facility. It’s another team to play against too.

Why do we do it? Because there is a group of local lads who want a kick at the ball and our club want them to get that opportunity. We also have a full pathway of youth teams that need the opportunity to get used to adult football when the time comes to make the transition. It’s a big challenge to run two teams, it doesn’t just happen and has brought many challenges that you could really do without. 

Clubs may well opt to change the rule about the way players are registered and if they do, that may well put a stress on existence of the reserve team. Yes, it has it’s benefits with reserve players getting a shot in the first team but that is what a ‘club’ is for in my own opinion. The set up has helped young lads achieve scholarships in the USA and professional football. It’s how football clubs work to develop players at every level apart from here, where it is deemed a bad thing.

I’ll go on the record as saying well done to Dunc and the reserve lads too, as I know they are chuffed that they dug it out lastnight. 

The whole point in having a reserve team is to allow you the opportunity to give guys game time whether that be players that aren't yet good enough for the first team or guys needing game time but as per normal people prefer to bitch about it as opposed to giving AM Soccer credit for running a second team and giving more people the opportunity to play football.

Spot on BPC. The only thing that needs to change is the disciplinary procedure with having 2 teams. If a player gets suspended for the 1st team, the club shouldn't be allowed to use the reserves fixtures aswell as the first teams fixtures to get the ban up quicker. 

I can get both sides of the argument here. Had the same scenario at Scotia years back and didn’t like it then either. AM are not breaking any rules though and as mentioned should be using this set up to allow younger guys a pathway to a higher level or to get guys coming back from injury game time. It’s proven they’ve helped a lot of players get opportunities they may not have seen elsewhere.

I think the bigger picture here is that there’s nothing stopping AM fielding their whole 1st team in games against lower league teams in competitions their “reserves” should be playing in. Im not for a second saying they have done this at any point this season, but what’s stopping them doing this? For example what if AM Soccer “Reserves” get to the semi final or final in the Div 1 league cup and decide to use 11 “first team” players because their first team don’t have a game? Do you think that’s fair on sides like ourselves (Scotia), Kennoway, Kinross or Rosebank, who have all used the same squad all season?

Thoughts???

Edited by Shiekh

8 hours ago, smiler said:

not decrying your thoughts, but EVERY other team is playing thro the same scenario of playing games at this time of season with ONLY  the squad they have and are finding it difficult to field strong teams to compete and barter for the success that every team strives for. I admit I am not a fan of being able to PLAY for 2 teams over the season albeit under the same team heading but thats the rules and you are doing everything by the rule book so batter on. If teams would like to change this rule then a proposal needs to be in before the AGM. Loads of people have options and voice it on here so this is the opportunity for them to take it to the next step .........if they want ???

uni and colleges spring to mind.

6 minutes ago, Shiekh said:

I can get both sides of the argument here. Had the same scenario at Scotia years back and didn’t like it then either. AM are not breaking any rules though and as mentioned should be using this set up to allow younger guys a pathway to a higher level or to get guys coming back from injury game time. It’s proven they’ve helped a lot of players get opportunities they may not have seen elsewhere.

I think the bigger picture here is that there’s nothing stopping AM fielding their whole 1st team in games against lower league teams in competitions their “reserves” should be playing in. Im not for a second saying they have done this at any point this season, but what’s stopping them doing this? For example what if AM Soccer “Reserves” get to the semi final or final in the Div 1 league cup and decide to use 11 “first team” players because their first team don’t have a game? Do you think that’s fair on sides like ourselves (Scotia), Kennoway, Kinross or Rosebank, who have all used the same squad all season?

Thoughts???

The divisional cup is the only competition where players could play for either side as they would be cup tied in all the others but regardless I think AM Soccer have a bit more integrity than what you are suggesting in your scenario. Yes they would not be breaking any rules by doing so but do you honestly think they would treat their players like that?

I’m not “suggesting” anything Berti, and certainly no questioning anyone’s “integrity” pal as I know the AM first team management staff well, but just pointing out that they could do that and there’s nothing stopping them doing it. We’ve played them twice in league this season and can honestly say I’d have been surprised if any of the boys that played against us were first team players this year.