Fife Football Forum

Results Thursday 19th

Berti

1 hour ago, ya cant said:

Anyway 

whos getting married next week lol over forty players signed and couldnae get a team on a thursday night ? Cmon linz yer at it lol 

ps 

doing a great job up there neeb 

You’ve tried for a few weeks to get me to bite. I might aswell give you yer pound of flesh Pete. :D

I didn’t want to have ask reserve team players to help us out that night, otherwise we’d get slaughtered on the internet. :ph34r:

Many years ago Tayport before they turned junior did exactly the same,they had a team in Dundee and fife teams in that position are not breaking the rules,think there’s a lot of jealousy from the usual dinosaurs, as linz says the costs are terrible,some clubs struggle to field 1 team so well done Am Soccer

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, back post casual said:

I hear eaxactly what you are saying but you are missing the point of my post. Nobody from the first team went to the reserve game apart from a young full back, who is showing potential but hasn’t quite pinned a place down in the first team. Surely you take the opportunity to develop and motivate the player with the chance to play in a match?

Or do we lose the player from football due to lack of action to keep things fair?

What i find remarkable is that guys are unhappy about AM Soccer ‘benefitting’ from having two teams. It’s cost a fortune to run and doubled up the traffic on our facilities making them less desirable. In fact, it’s cost more than normal too because when both teams are cast at home, you’re looking at over £100 for the Astro and changing at the Howe Rugby facility. It’s another team to play against too.

Why do we do it? Because there is a group of local lads who want a kick at the ball and our club want them to get that opportunity. We also have a full pathway of youth teams that need the opportunity to get used to adult football when the time comes to make the transition. It’s a big challenge to run two teams, it doesn’t just happen and has brought many challenges that you could really do without. 

Clubs may well opt to change the rule about the way players are registered and if they do, that may well put a stress on existence of the reserve team. Yes, it has it’s benefits with reserve players getting a shot in the first team but that is what a ‘club’ is for in my own opinion. The set up has helped young lads achieve scholarships in the USA and professional football. It’s how football clubs work to develop players at every level apart from here, where it is deemed a bad thing.

I’ll go on the record as saying well done to Dunc and the reserve lads too, as I know they are chuffed that they dug it out lastnight. 

why o why am soccer reserves and why not i.e. cupar utd if boys just want a kick about . business or what ?