Fife Football Forum

The Clanger is back Dysart v St Monans

Big_Clanger

Well its been a while a tell yis oh its been a while big boyz and wee boyz but am back in Fife and back at the fitbaw for a wee watch eh. 

Tonight I had the pleasure of watching Dysart v St Monans in the lang toon Kirkcaldy just nipped up after the market eh hahaha am just kidden on boyz am too old fir all that!

Anywiy it was a close fought 3-3 game I would give Dysart the edge but they were at home after all boyz. The thing that stood out the most for me though boyz was the referee. I think went by the name of 'Norrie' oya boy boyz he had a shocker! Two offside goals, a free kick given the wrong way which led to a goal and just a blatant argumentative temper with the young boyz just to name a few. Now av seen refs lose the plot now and again but am pretty sure some one chored old Norries specks and hearing aid because it was a case of whoever shouted the loudest or whoevers face he hated the least would get the decision. There really needs to be a retest for referees when they get to a certain age boyz he would be better at the dominoes although he wouldny get ma double six hahahaha aw a crack masel up ma boyz. 

Anywiy I was happy to see a decent standard of football even though I overheard the St Monans management saying them or Dysart have played 6 games in 12 days. I mean after all these years its the same old story hunders of midweek's at the end of the year due to needless cups thrown in at the end of the season.

The Clanger is back and Saturday it could be YOU!! 

Say Hiya To Yir Mither

After Dysart have played next Saturday 28/4 we will have played 10games in 22days which for an amateur team is horrendous with players having work commitments,fatigue and injuries it’s a struggle,that’s a game every 2 days almost,if you asked professional players to do this they’d be straight onto their union rep yet it’s expected that amateur players who work and have families to do this.This was the result of playing the league cup in a home and away group section which in November might have seemed a good idea but after the winter weather wiped out fixtures surely the format should have been revised.When you are playing 4 games a week it doesn’t half take the fun out of the game it shouldn’t be a chore but sadly that’s what the season is becoming and to add insult to injury because it’s cup ties we’ve been playing we couldn’t even use trialists.l know if you’ve had a good run in the Scottish and the Fife(which we didn’t) you’d have to expect fixture congestion near the end of the season but this pile up of fixtures could have been avoided,very disappointing.

Fancy Dan ma Boy a could not have said it better myself. I tell yi young ain its what av been saying for years too many games and not enough fun at the end of the season. I think a solution could have been to make the group cup that was created a one game affair rather than a home and away game.  Auld Norrie was carding folk like he was giving out skittles in a primary schooL clearly because he was wanting hame for Cornationstreet hahaha!

Anywiy Fancy man a better stop typing and get out ma bath soon or all get wrinkler baws. 

Big Clanger is back

Say Hiya To Yir Mither