Fife Football Forum

Results Saturday 5th

Berti

On 06/05/2018 at 7:14 PM, ya cant said:

Aye and whats even more mad is suspensions .... suspended for two teams so suspension can go quicker than with one team 

On 06/05/2018 at 7:14 PM, ya cant said:

Aye and whats even more mad is suspensions .... suspended for two teams so suspension can go quicker than with one team 

No way  lol  the safa can’t have deemed that legitimate not a chance. The clubs should be having a word with themselves if that got accepted at agm 

14 hours ago, Mariner said:

Surely can't sign for 2 clubs nor play as trialists?

They will have signed for the club  Am soccer but effectively they are running two teams although with putting reserves after one of their names disputes this imo.  

Like us they are giving more guys an opportunity to play football by running a 2nd team. The players are signed with one club and can play for either side which allows players to progress from the 2nd team to the 1st or the other way for guys that have been getting limited game time.

Perhaps in Fife there is a bit or narrow mindedness to it but all across Scotland there are associations who have an alliance league for clubs reserves with the exact same scenario of players moving back and forwards. The Midlands League just across the water in Dundee is one of them and has a very succesful alliance league.

Unfortunately there are a few dinosaurs especially on here who are only full of their own self interest and would rather decry clubs who are making the efforts to expand and create opportunities for players than try and follow the same pathway at their clubs.

47 minutes ago, ceejay said:

It’s been going on for years,it’s all legal,It’s hard enough running 1 team,think they deserve praise not being underhandly accused of doing otherwise.

Aye it’s been going for as long as I can remember it’s just the first time i have heard of it being in the  same association I was always under the impresison the rule was different but I was wrong. 

Dont worry lads. We’re pulling the plug on the reserve team after this season so all this will no longer be relevant. 

For the foreseeable future it makes sense for the club to run with a 19’s team and an over 35’s team either side of the 1st team as this will get more players on the football pitch than one reserve team will. 

We appreciate all the input and concerns you’ve shown that have helped us grow two amateur teams in recent seasons. 

You’ll not have to grumble about this anymore. 

Jaz you are getting back to what you used to be like ,trying to wind teams and people up ,get a grip min .If a team can afford and get coaches in to put two teams in the league good luck to them ,Its giving players a chance to play football and its well within the rules through the SAFA not the Fife set up ,so think before you start rambling on a lot of pish min. 

14 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Jaz you are getting back to what you used to be like ,trying to wind teams and people up ,get a grip min .If a team can afford and get coaches in to put two teams in the league good luck to them ,Its giving players a chance to play football and its well within the rules through the SAFA not the Fife set up ,so think before you start rambling on a lot of pish min. 

so it is only your opinion that counts on the forum ? tosser .

I applaud everything am soccer have grown to. Also fife thistle having 2 sides. The only thing I disagree with is when a players is suspended. I’ve heard if some have a match ban he can serve it in the morning for the b team at fife thistle and play in the afternoon for the first team. How much ov this is true I’m unsure as I’ve not played much Saturday football this season. 

2 hours ago, Baz_bruce said:

I applaud everything am soccer have grown to. Also fife thistle having 2 sides. The only thing I disagree with is when a players is suspended. I’ve heard if some have a match ban he can serve it in the morning for the b team at fife thistle and play in the afternoon for the first team. How much ov this is true I’m unsure as I’ve not played much Saturday football this season. 

That used to be the case but apparently teams in the West were setting up affiliations with teams to use this to their advantage so the SAFA changed the rules so you could only play for one side on any matchday meaning even if both sides have a game on the same day it only counts as one game off the suspension.