Fife Football Forum

New Teams for 2018/19

Kinch2

On 5/28/2018 at 10:00 PM, ya cant said:

Junior football is finished in fife neeb ... gie it two more seasons and sponsors will be pulling oot of junior football ....... 30 teams have joined the east of scotland league 

no often i agree with you Pete but your right, the junior set up in Fife and probably most of the East of Scotland are suffering because of how the leagues are set up.

Teams are traveling too far nowadays on a regular basis and can they afford it ......... only they can tell that. Scottish cup games meant a bus because you were playing a team 50/60 miles away at least but because of the movement in the leagues you have that on regular basis. 

The  previous Fife league had the furthest game as St Andrews playing Clackmannan which was possibly only 2 games a season.  

Attendances at the games now a days are they good, again I can't comment. Costs to go and support your team can your local supporter afford this ?

Old league set up was it better, I would say yes from a selfish point of view.  Local derbies were brilliant, The Bell v Albert,  Thornton v Glens,  Hob v Crossgates,  Oakley v Tulliallan/Clachmannan. 

Do players get paid too much nowadays. Maybe some of the better players do as they can organise a better deal than they should get ( heard this from a manager ), but there are some junior players who get paid are they any better than the good Ammy players. Not saying all players are like this but some have aspirations well above their station.

Junior football is a must in our local areas, hopefully it continues but it needs the support of local ammy teams to provide the next in line for them.

12 hours ago, jaz said:

lets try summer football .

I don’t see why not jaz there is a massive decline in teams all over the place. My own association started season 17/18 with 45 teams for season 18/19 we are looking at 25 teams now. Even looking at training and games  much more enjoyable at this time of year than freezing wet nights in November. Don’t buy into the holidays argument anymore as not many people go away in summer now.