Fife Football Forum

Broken leg for striker

Swallows1

I have been around amateur football for over 50 years but I doubt that I have ever felt so disgusted as I do tonight.Balgonia Scotia were leading 4-1 with only a few minutes to go when the St Monans striker suffered a broken leg from a horrendous tackle from the opposition no8.He had no intention to play the ball and I was standing only about 3yards from the incident.After the game the player who committed the foul was heard to say he’ll be off his work for a couple of weeks haha.Our player has a child a partner and twins on the way and will be laid up for a long time.I am sorry to say that the referee bottled it and gave only a yellow card.You really have to question what amateur football is all about when you experience a night like this.No doubt we will hear the usual platitudes about fair tackles etc but anyone who saw the incident knows what actually happened.

10 hours ago, Swallows1 said:

I have been around amateur football for over 50 years but I doubt that I have ever felt so disgusted as I do tonight.Balgonia Scotia were leading 4-1 with only a few minutes to go when the St Monans striker suffered a broken leg from a horrendous tackle from the opposition no8.He had no intention to play the ball and I was standing only about 3yards from the incident.After the game the player who committed the foul was heard to say he’ll be off his work for a couple of weeks haha.Our player has a child a partner and twins on the way and will be laid up for a long time.I am sorry to say that the referee bottled it and gave only a yellow card.You really have to question what amateur football is all about when you experience a night like this.No doubt we will hear the usual platitudes about fair tackles etc but anyone who saw the incident knows what actually happened.

Silly comment to be fair from someone with over 50 years amateur football experience. Our boy played the ball and unfortunately your boy got caught with his follow through. Nobody in our team goes out to hurt an opponent and that’s not how we play. Hope your player has a speedy recovery, but comments like this don’t help anything. 

9 minutes ago, Shiekh said:

Silly comment to be fair from someone with over 50 years amateur football experience. Our boy played the ball and unfortunately your boy got caught with his follow through. Nobody in our team goes out to hurt an opponent and that’s not how we play. Hope your player has a speedy recovery, but comments like this don’t help anything. 

You can argue that your player was trying to play the ball ect. What is inexcusable is your players were heard celebrating a leg break and laughing about the boy having to get two weeks off work. You can deny that all you want so that you don't look as bad on this public forum but it happened.

25 minutes ago, Up wi the bonnets said:

You can argue that your player was trying to play the ball ect. What is inexcusable is your players were heard celebrating a leg break and laughing about the boy having to get two weeks off work. You can deny that all you want so that you don't look as bad on this public forum but it happened.

So now it’s “players” rather than “player” laughing and celebrating? Absolute nonsense, who would celebrate someone breaking their leg? Pretty sure nobody knew at the time how serious the injury was. Our player involved actually went over and apologised to Ronnie. 

The question is why did he make the ridiculous tackle.Your team was leading 4-1 with 3 minutes to go,Ronnie has the ball 5 yards from the corner flag when the player clatters him.The tackle? was greeted by a great cheer from the Scotia sideline.Was he trying to prove he is a hard man?No place for this in football.

What difference does the score or the time left have to do with anything? You play to the final whistle.

The point I’m trying to make here is that nobody went in to deliberately hurt your player, and nobody was certainly laughing or cheering at someone breaking his leg. 

I’ve already been in touch with Ronnie to wish him a speedy recovery. It’s a bad injury and everyone at our club wishes the boy is back playing asap. 

Listen you shit stirrer, don’t know how many times we have to say we didn’t go in to hurt your player, he caught the ball first and unfortunately Ronnie got a bad one, we were cheering for the tackle not the player, i think the way yous were all behaving last night yous would be the ones laughing! Even st monans players were embarrassed on how yous acted.

i took the boy that committed the tackle home after the game n he said he apologised after the challenge

speedy recovery Ronnie mate, cracking player