Fife Football Forum

Strathmiglo Utd

Utd

Sad to hear that these clubs have decided to fold so early into the season, after the positive move by merging both amateur associations last season. Hopefully all other teams can keep going, agree that it can only be getting harder and harder each year for amateur clubs, especially with junior teams now only becoming glorified amateur teams!!

On 10/3/2018 at 6:59 PM, ceejay said:

Leagues are always competitive,in a 14 team league in my opinion there’s a top 4 middle 6 and a bottom 4(3 leagues in 1)it was always going to be difficult merging the top teams from 2 different set ups into 1 league,there’s always going to be teams that are going to struggle,think the problem is that some players show no commitment nowadays,still it’s a sign of the times,and these teams will unfortunately not be the last to fold.

I agrees with youbut it’s that bottom 3 where the issue lies. The question is how do we Keep them going . Start cups later ? Diffrent cups I.e local cups or regional cups.( I would love a levenmouth cup )  side post: imagine a competion like a boxing title or culcuta cup where if you won you lifted the cup.east /west cups! Anyway what I’m saying we need incentives to keep they teams going! 

What else can we do cause teams have lost so many games by November the think it’s not worth it . Swiss league structure?

Strathmiglo Utd did not fold due to losing a few games at the start of the season well possibly it did not help as the few players that showed the club loyalty decided to move to pastures new as well as the players that left to go junior we lost not far of a full squad of players in 6 months and we did our best to get a team out on the pitch but could not go on any longer we lost 2 of our coaching team to the juniors back in march and when they raided the club of so many players it was always going to be a struggle to replace so many so soon thats the true facts like it or lump it will we be back ? Let's  wait and see we have came back twice a third time will be a big ask MTID