Fife Football Forum

Mid term report

As 2018 comes to a close and with the juniors set to join the pyramid at tier 6 next season I thought this would be a good time to do an assessment on the progress made or not at each club. I’ve got my own views but I’m giving you all the chance to have your say instead and will only be commenting on those that aren’t represented by the 30th of this month. So come on don’t be shy, you know I won’t be.

Ok here goes, and where better to start than with a bang average team who are struggling in third place of the super league.  A team with a keeper and back four who are so poor they’ve struggled to make it to the last sixteen of the Scottish Junior Cup. :whistling:

Well done Thornton Hibs, the only team to receive an A for this seasons efforts at the half way stage.

Tomorrow it’s the turn of a team so bad the last couple of seasons they’ve changed their name to Kennoway :lol:

Well done for being 3rd in a worst super league thats ever been. A said they would finish mid table, but that was before a knew all the good teams had left for EOS and left aww the dross behind, so my apologies, i got it so wrong. Enjoy your cup run tho, because nobody remembers  what round u got to if u dont win it. Good luck for the rest of the season lads :ok:

1 hour ago, Bombscare said:

A said they would finish mid table, but that was before a knew all the good teams had left for EOS and left aww the dross behind, 

On 8/15/2018 at 10:24 AM, Bombscare said:

There defence and keeper will get punished in the super league! Thats why they prob finished 7th in premier league, cause they are average. 

Come on son, leave the digging of holes to the experts. IF you never knew by the middle of August that all them teams had left for the EOS you must have been the only one. It’s either that or you think that finishing 7th in the premier wins promotion to the super league.

• 2 weeks later...

Gone are the days when a man would Plough Inn his cash up at Treaton Park, and with it the success of Fife’s newest junior club. Now all I ever hear from players past and present is of dwindling crowds and swindling Star 5s. Having avoided relegation due to the mass exodus of clubs to the EoS league they are still finding life difficult at the foot of the super league. However results have improved recently since wee junkie Johnstone resigned as manager so we award them an E 

Next up the team who have more kants on trial than the high court in Glasgow.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay. I did sit down to do this 4 weeks ago but changed my mind when I heard her indoors telling the kids, “If you can’t say nothing nice, don’t say nothing at all” But after being pumped by Kennoway, failing to beat Bathgate and losing to the worst Fauldhoose side in living memory we finally got some good news this weekend.

NEPHEWer than 3 contract extensions and 2 new signings. They’re HARLEY world beaters, just some MERE CHITE from Lochgelly and a midget surplus to requirements at Thornton who’s “looking to emulate his uncles success” of being “a big influence in the dressing room” as they GEAR up for life in the bottom league next season. 

Good to see some proper legends though even if they were just hanging on the wall.

Big F for Barry and Kev is the verdict.

• 2 weeks later...

With the halcyon days of Scottish cup finals a distant memory and Tayports car boot sales now more successful than the football team, it was rather surprising to see Charlie Kings Canniepairture after only a year as manager following the defeat in this seasons holy grail. 4 wins from 4 in the league offset by just the one point earned on the road could be considered an average start to the season so what surprised me even more were his replacements. Mr Kay has bags of experience in the junior game but what his sidekick knows about management can be written on a postage stamp. The 100% home record fell in their first game after Kings departure with a 3-0 going on 6 thrashing at the hands of Thornton . Another two home defeats sandwiched between a win against lowly Kirriemuir and a solitary point away at struggling Fauldhouse mean its 4 points from a possible 15 since October. Must do better so it’s a D from us.