matches off 10 march

Dunfermline Utd  v Bruce Arms

West Fife Albion v Kinross Colts

Minto Lounge v Wellesley

Dunfermline Town v Torleys

Glenrothes Rovers v Styx

Steadings v Lochore Castle

Edited by valdas

At the agm for this season was it not agreed that if the home team booked astroturf for a reasonable time then the opposition had to play the game?

I think it might be fair enough given enough notice but Torleys were told on Thursday that the game was now a 12.15 kick off. No consultation just arranged between league and home team as far as I understand which flaunts their own rules/constitution but never mind. Boys have already made plans with families etc for Sunday afternoon so don't see why they should cancel those plans. Mr McCombie said however that all teams should  not make plans with families until after 3 o'clock to reserve the time for an 11 o'clock kick off or a 1 o'clock kick off. Was that passed at AGM? Serious question as I can't remember that being a rule? Totally nothing against Dunf Town boys as they were keen to get game on but that time just didn't suit torleys and would have meant an unfulfilled fixture. 

Edited by Tommy Hunter
Spelling

Me either like lol the rules keep changing and it's hard to keep up. Used to be you had to get ref to call park off and John changed that during season and now we are being told to keep most of day free on a Sunday just in case a kick off time needs changed at short notice. Its Sunday football min it's not that important

42 minutes ago, last man said:

Nah no need to keep Sunday free, agreement at agm was the tie could be moved to astro but not the k.o time unless agreed with opposition

Aye that makes sense. 

4 hours ago, Bombscare said:

Football should always be played on grass, players shouldn’t be forced to play on Astro just cause it’s a suitable park. Not everyone can play on it 

some caants canny play on grass either :P

Earlier in the season we were forced to Play Minto away on Astro having been told by a committee member that telling us on the Saturday afternoon was sufficient notice to our game changing along with the kick off time we were informed that if we didn't play the tie, the points would be awarded to Minto as per the new rules voted in at last yrs agm. This was after being informed our game would be called off from Minto and after saying we were struggling for a team anyway all of a sudden the Astro became available and we had to play the tie, my players were so annoyed we went and won that game one of my players was due home that morning from Amsterdam and he even turned up due to the circumstances in which we were forced to play. Not trying to stir things but the rules must be the same for everyone. Our game moved parks and the kick off time changed from an 11am kick off to a 1pm kick off 

On 3/9/2019 at 11:03 AM, Baz_bruce said:

It can’t be refused if it’s the same kick off time Ritchie. If it’s a different ko the away team can refuse ad say. 

As per my comment above Baz our game had to be played even with the changes to kick off time 

29 minutes ago, babz said:

As per my comment above Baz our game had to be played even with the changes to kick off time 

That's crazy though right. You can't expect boys to put aside a full day Sunday pretty much on the off chance a kick off time is moved to 1pm when games are meant to be played at 11. Was that actually voted in? I looked at constitution but can't see that anywhere although I might have an old copy. Think common sense needs to be applied. Its Sunday football and not worth boys getting divorced lol 

Edited by Tommy Hunter
Spelling