Fife Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
valdas

matches off 10 march

23 minutes ago, Tommy Hunter said:

That's crazy though right. You can't expect boys to put aside a full day Sunday pretty much on the off chance a kick off time is moved to 1pm when games are meant to be played at 11. Was that actually voted in? I looked at constitution but can't see that anywhere although I might have an old copy. Think common sense needs to be applied. Its Sunday football and not worth boys getting divorced lol 

read it again tam. rule 8 part c.

1 minute ago, Tommy Hunter said:

Cheers Wattie. Where can I find an updated copy??

that is the updated copy thats on league website

Edited by valdas

The clubs involved may mutually agree to vary the kick off time with the approval of the Match/Fixture Secretary. If the clubs are unable to agree on a variation from the official kick off time, the Match/Fixture Secretary after considering all circumstances shall have the authority to vary the kick off time by giving a minimum of 24 hours notice to the clubs involved. (b)  The Secretary of the HOME Club must confirm with the Referee and the Visiting Club no later than 3 days prior to the listed fixture, as to time of kick-off, colours and directions. In the event of matches being played mid-week, the Secretary of the HOME Club to confirm with the Referee and the Visiting Club no later than 3 days prior to the listed fixture, the time of kick-off, colours and directions. (c)  All matches to be played on the registered ground of the Home Club. If the Home Club wishes to switch the match to an alternative ground of an approved standard it may do so with the agreement of the Match Secretary. If the Away Club has any objection(s) to the proposed switch the Match Secretary shall consider the objection(s) before deciding whether or not to sanction the switch, the Match Secretary?s decision is final.

Agree that whilst it doesn't actually say the words you've to keep all day Sunday free to play, the above kind of supports that. Mental for a game of football but hey if that's what was signed off then fair enough. 

Edited by Tommy Hunter
Spelling

And what if people were working a backshift starting at 2pm and we’re leaving straight from the game to make work? End of the day if you’ve planned your day around the ko time that is used every week then you are well within your right to decline the request imo. I’d ko at 8pm on a Sunday night if that’s all that was available but everyone has a right to their opinion and do what’s best for their own club. 

Couldn't agree More Baz. I made the divorce thing as a tongue in cheek joke but it's exactly that people have a right to plan out there weekend which may include work, time with their families or whatever non football related activity thet see fit. To be told you have to leave the full day available just in case is stupid and I wonder how many clubs actually agreed to that? It will simply lead to non-fulfilled fixtures as would have been the case at the weekend for torleys had it been forced on us. So as of Thursday we were all set and had a team available. Then got told kick off time moved and then half a dozen boys can't make it. Common sense says the game can't go ahead in that scenario