Fife Football Forum

Leagues

ya cant

On 7/3/2019 at 9:10 PM, ya cant said:

Were no making the premier bigger pal i voted for it too stay the same ... 14 as did everybody else at an agm but then mysteriously a special general meeting was arranged cause teams were threatening to fold if they were put in the premier ....... cant for the life of me see why clubs threaten to fold that it changed the mindset of peoples votes 

teams fold every season wether they are in any league its part and parcel of the game and attitude now where teams fold ...... what happens if 3 teams fold in the ptremier like last season ? That mean a team that comes 8th will be relegated and they will play 16 league games 

its a farce what happened last night and you know it 

That was before we knew about the teams folding Pete. The Championship and 1st would have had 11 and 10 respectively. Too many teams prefer to just fold than try and battle through the hard times so had another side folded in the 1st you'd be looking at 9 teams which would have been a farce. 

Appreciate the Premier is the key Division but you also need to ensure that things are kept worthwhile for the lower league sides too.

1 hour ago, Berti said:

That was before we knew about the teams folding Pete. The Championship and 1st would have had 11 and 10 respectively. Too many teams prefer to just fold than try and battle through the hard times so had another side folded in the 1st you'd be looking at 9 teams which would have been a farce. 

Appreciate the Premier is the key Division but you also need to ensure that things are kept worthwhile for the lower league sides too.

One question neeb 

why do you play or run football? 

To play against the best ..... teams with no ambition are holding the leagues back imo 

i appreciate your opinion with your club but only one club folded after the agm  vote which was valleyfield .... 

no point having any vote at an agm in the future as clubs just threaten to fold if it doesnt go there way 

It is a joke teams no wanting promoted etc but there needs to a change . If a team folds then I think there should be a 2 legged play off .  The highest finishing team outside the promotion places vs the highest team in the relegation positions.  So this year Burntisland vs Rosyth . 

Same for other divisions , Fife thistle / markinch promoted and methilhill relegated . I’m sure a playoff would be a better option as leagues would be more competitive, less teams would fold due to getting pumped every week. Not saying Fife thistle wouldn’t beat methilhill but I’m saying it would ensure more competitive leagues . Teams would also be where they are on merit and not default .

Another alternative is like the Swiss( might be Austrian) League . Start with 2 divisions, approximately 15 each. Play everyone in that league once then split in to 3 leagues .based on standings . Teams then play each other twice in the smaller leagues for league titles etc. Finishing positions dictate what league you go to the following  year . straight split down the middle of the middle division. Will alwys be playing at the correct level to compete . 

The idea of 2 big divisions is simpler but let’s face it there is to big a gulf in they teams and it won’t be competitive. 

Edited by bobthecoalman

On 7/5/2019 at 4:56 PM, ceejay said:

Some of the junior teams in Fife would struggle in the Top Amateur League in Fife.

Surely junior is a step up another level with players far too good for the amateur ranks ? Good junior teams should be wiping the floor with any amateur team fact 

I'm curious, various posters were moaning about teams refusing to be promoted in the amateur ranks, claiming lack of ambition. Why doesn't the same accusation get made against the players that refuse to play at a higher level? You're not telling me that they haven't been asked to sign for junior teams. 

I’m now curious higher level ? Lack of ambition ? Maybe these players cannot commit to this so called higher level due to work family etc etc or maybe they think that the teams that have asked them along are simply no better or possibly worse than the team they are at please don’t tell me you think that some junior teams in Fife are at a higher level let’s be realistic some are some are not probably down to money or lack of it with some clubs hence drafting in amateur players 

Rocket you didn't answer the question I asked. 

The time commitment is likely to be no more than amateur, 2 nights training, Saturday afternoon for the game. 

Travelling is no worse than in the amateurs, other than you have to leave Fife now and then. 

Money isn't the issue, you're not paid to be amateur. 

If everyone is meant to be playing at the best they can why aren't the best players migrating to the higher leagues, Amateur, Junior, EOS, Lowland, Seniors? Is it individual lack of ambition, players happy being the big fish in the small pond? That's what posters are accusing teams of. 

Looks like a few changes again as Kinross Colts look to have pulled out.

Now 12-10-10

PREMIER LEAGUE  
  Team
1 Bowhill Rovers
2 Leven United
3 AM Soccer
4 Cupar Hearts
5 Lumphinnans
6 Pittenweem Rovers
7 Fossoway
8 Kirkcaldy YMCA
9 Greig Park Rangers
10 Auchtermuchty Bellvue
11 Balgonie Scotia
12 Kennoway

CHAMPIONSHIP Playing each other three times as per last season plus cup games.
  Team
1 Burntisland United
2 Rosyth
3 Kinross
4 Kelty
5 St Monans Swallows
6 Eastvale
7 Rosebank
8 Markinch
9 St Andrews University
10 Glenrothes

DIVISION 1 Playing each other three times as per last season plus cup games.
  Team
1 Fife Thistle
2 Methilhill Strollers&East Fife
3 Falkland
4 Duloch
5 Kennoway Star Hearts
6 Fife Athletic
7 Freuchie
8 Minto
9 St Andrews Amateurs
10 Strathmiglo

2 hours ago, Berti said:

Looks like a few changes again as Kinross Colts look to have pulled out.

Now 12-10-10

PREMIER LEAGUE  
  Team
1 Bowhill Rovers
2 Leven United
3 AM Soccer
4 Cupar Hearts
5 Lumphinnans
6 Pittenweem Rovers
7 Fossoway
8 Kirkcaldy YMCA
9 Greig Park Rangers
10 Auchtermuchty Bellvue
11 Balgonie Scotia
12 Kennoway

CHAMPIONSHIP Playing each other three times as per last season plus cup games.
  Team
1 Burntisland United
2 Rosyth
3 Kinross
4 Kelty
5 St Monans Swallows
6 Eastvale
7 Rosebank
8 Markinch
9 St Andrews University
10 Glenrothes

DIVISION 1 Playing each other three times as per last season plus cup games.
  Team
1 Fife Thistle
2 Methilhill Strollers&East Fife
3 Falkland
4 Duloch
5 Kennoway Star Hearts
6 Fife Athletic
7 Freuchie
8 Minto
9 St Andrews Amateurs
10 Strathmiglo

Correct me if am wrong but to change that to 12-10-10 after we voted at SGM 

who made this decision ? 

surely another SGM has to be called so we the clubs vote whats best for the association not just someone making that decision off there own will