Fife Football Forum

Leagues

ya cant

Am I correct in thinking should a 16 team premier and a 16 team championship be voted on and confirmed

Eastvale and Rosebank who won the league and promotion from league 1 go straight into the premier leaving 2 spaces to fill

Again correct me if I'm wrong

All other existing championship teams from last season have refused to go up

Rosyth

Kelty

Kinross

St Monans

So this would then mean asking teams out with the 2 promoted from league 1 to join the premier

Markinch

St Andrews university

Glenrothes

Fife thistle

Teams who were relegated have no choice as per the constitution they have to move down a league.

Getting confused with the whole situation.

1 hour ago, reider said:

Surely the way forward is 2 leagues of 16 teams now.

Bottom teams in the prem won’t be good enough to compete .they know that and  That’s why they don’t want promoted .  Teams like kelty and rosyth are decent teams but what will they actually playing for ? There not going to win a league cup in that league either . Start with 2 leagues of 16 and then split them in to 3 after one round of games of 10/11/11 Teams will all have stuff to play for the whole year ! I don’t think it would matter if teams folded Becuse the split would be with the teams available. You could even do league cups for the 2 big leagues  at the start and 3 small ones after the split . Only cup where all teams compete would be the Fife which would make it the big one. Would love to see and east of Fife cup and west of Fife cup too . Ideal midweek cup competition.

i challenge  someone to tell me a negative of this set up . It’s just new and football people don’t like that. 

Edited by bobthecoalman

so correct me if im wrong two teams from the bottom league are buzzing about comepeting in the top league yet 4 teams from the championship one thats just won the north of tay cup and another that got to the semis of the fife have shat the bed makes no sense to me man lets just get this sorted a wanna ken who were up against first game of the season its takin the piss now!

11 hours ago, Berti said:

Looks like a few changes again as Kinross Colts look to have pulled out.

Now 12-10-10

PREMIER LEAGUE  
  Team
1 Bowhill Rovers
2 Leven United
3 AM Soccer
4 Cupar Hearts
5 Lumphinnans
6 Pittenweem Rovers
7 Fossoway
8 Kirkcaldy YMCA
9 Greig Park Rangers
10 Auchtermuchty Bellvue
11 Balgonie Scotia
12 Kennoway

CHAMPIONSHIP Playing each other three times as per last season plus cup games.
  Team
1 Burntisland United
2 Rosyth
3 Kinross
4 Kelty
5 St Monans Swallows
6 Eastvale
7 Rosebank
8 Markinch
9 St Andrews University
10 Glenrothes

DIVISION 1 Playing each other three times as per last season plus cup games.
  Team
1 Fife Thistle
2 Methilhill Strollers&East Fife
3 Falkland
4 Duloch
5 Kennoway Star Hearts
6 Fife Athletic
7 Freuchie
8 Minto
9 St Andrews Amateurs
10 Strathmiglo

Kinross Colts haven't pulled out. They are still intending to be part of the set up but still need to register.

Remember, when the 2 Leagues Amalgamated it was for the Benefit of Fife Amateur Football ,some teams are not making it easy for the Committee that run the show(I know they work for and are put In position by yourselfs) but they must be getting a bit Cheesed of by all this Bickering.

Whether it's 2 leagues or 3 it needs to be sorted soon. We don't know what division we're in due to the Kinross Colts situation. I cancelled a pre season match once we were told we were in the Championship as didn't want to play a team from our division and rearranged against a team in the 1st which is where we have now been moved back to.

On 7/7/2019 at 9:53 PM, Soapy Bubbles said:

Rocket you didn't answer the question I asked. 

The time commitment is likely to be no more than amateur, 2 nights training, Saturday afternoon for the game. 

Travelling is no worse than in the amateurs, other than you have to leave Fife now and then. 

Money isn't the issue, you're not paid to be amateur. 

If everyone is meant to be playing at the best they can why aren't the best players migrating to the higher leagues, Amateur, Junior, EOS, Lowland, Seniors? Is it individual lack of ambition, players happy being the big fish in the small pond? That's what posters are accusing teams of. 

Bubbles if you look closely I did answer your question and if you think that there is no difference commitment or travelling wise between amateur and junior then you need to think again 

I don’t normally get involved with arguments on the forum but feel I need to inform everyone why we refused the offer to join the premier league.We have a team which consists of the majority of players in the 20 to 21 age bracket who are not ready for the top league.Furthermore we just managed to avoid relegation from the championship last season.We do not lack ambition as some of elite teams are suggesting but are realistic as to where we are.It would serve no purpose and would knock our confidence to be heavily beaten on a regular basis.Also how would this strengthen the top teams to be playing us one week and then maybe playing a top West of Scotland team in the Scottish the next week.Why not have 12 teams and play each other 3 times thus providing a really competitive league.It would however appear to be self interest that is driving this.Finally we elect an Executive to run the Association and without doubt all this is undermining their position.

Edited by Swallows1

5 minutes ago, Swallows1 said:

I don’t normally get involved with arguments on the forum but feel I need to inform everyone why we refused the offer to join the premier league.We have a team which consists of the majority of players in the 20 to 21 age bracket who are not ready for the top league.Furthermore we just managed to avoid relegation from the championship last season.We do not lack ambition as some of elite teams are suggesting but are realistic as to where we are.It would serve no purpose and would knock our confidence to be heavily beaten on a regular basis.Also how would this strengthen the top teams to be playing us one week and then maybe playing a top West of Scotland team in the Scottish the next week.Why not have 12 teams and play each other 3 times thus providing a really competitive league.It would however appear to be self interest that is driving this.Finally we elect an Executive to run the Association and without doubt all this is undermining their position.

Undermining there position ? What do you mean by that ? 

At the agm it was voted by all the teams 

14-10-10 

by all the members clubs 

am sure the committee didnt like this vote and thats why a SGM was called  and then there was a complete change cause 1 team had folded 

2 leagues of 16 teams is the way forward as teams are struggling not just one or two and 3 leagues is no good if other clubs fold which is likely to happen ,

sgm should be called now and get the leagues sorted before we end up with leagues with 8 teams in it 

9 minutes ago, Swallows1 said:

2 teams folded after the vote at the AGM Leslie and Valleyfield.Personally I have no problem with 2 leagues but what happens if you can’t get up to 16 for the premier?

At the meeting leslie had said they were folding so everyone knew before voting on 14-10-10  just wasnt confirmed 

at SGM on 2 nd july 

after valleyfield folded it was voted 

12-10-10 

with the bottom 2 leagues playing each other 3 times 

so one team has not registered yet so imo i take that as a change to the vote and i know lots of teams are struggling so there is a proposal in to go to 2 leagues of 16 in case teams fold and we dont end up with farcical leagues 

I also don't get involved in this sort off stuff but, 

Why was the need to let 5 new teams join the league set up,  would it not be better if, say 3 clubs fold let 3 new teams join  then leauge numbers still the same, 

Also letting new teams join the players they recruit are from team already up and running so they are in danger off folding,. 

Think it needs looked at. 

Cheers 

On 7/12/2019 at 5:15 PM, arab76 said:

I also don't get involved in this sort off stuff but, 

Why was the need to let 5 new teams join the league set up,  would it not be better if, say 3 clubs fold let 3 new teams join  then leauge numbers still the same, 

Also letting new teams join the players they recruit are from team already up and running so they are in danger off folding,. 

Think it needs looked at. 

Cheers 

what a lot of shite,the more the merrier 

me amateur fitbaws fucked if folk want less teams deary me man