Fife Football Forum

Leagues

ya cant

Matter of opinions Pete , my opinion is if u don’t finish 1st or 2nd u not good enough to go up . We wouldn’t be folding & going to bottom league under new name , but also been here before when we thought we were good enough to compete in top league & we took a few scalps . Boys stopped turning up & nearly folded cause of it . 

We will see what happens come the next meeting anyway mate . But I no we will be in championship.

1 hour ago, serg said:

Matter of opinions Pete , my opinion is if u don’t finish 1st or 2nd u not good enough to go up . We wouldn’t be folding & going to bottom league under new name , but also been here before when we thought we were good enough to compete in top league & we took a few scalps . Boys stopped turning up & nearly folded cause of it . 

We will see what happens come the next meeting anyway mate . But I no we will be in championship.

Of course its a matter of opinions but at the agm it was voted by all the clubs 

you cant go back on that cause one or two clubs disagree ? 

Farcical if this gets changed after all the clubs voting 

Happened in the Sunday’s a few years back teams saying they didn’t want to go up in 4th say as they wanted to merit it by finishing in top 2 spots. However if 4/5 new teams come in the only way to balance the leagues is by pushing teams up. Can see the argument on both sides, of course you’d think teams want to be in the top league Pete putting themselves against the best in the area. However a can understand Jon if he’s saying they nearly folded the last time in wanting to ensure his team continues to exist. The Sunday standard has got so much better since leaving welfare and being able to play sat players but there’s still some cracking young players who play with teams that get promoted then leave them and play with another team in the bottom league. I do totally agree tho you want to play against the best teams in your area week in week out but if the team take a bad defeat and the players stop turning up you can’t force them to be there. Far cry from when yourself played bud, the commitment just isn’t there anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Baz_bruce said:

Happened in the Sunday’s a few years back teams saying they didn’t want to go up in 4th say as they wanted to merit it by finishing in top 2 spots. However if 4/5 new teams come in the only way to balance the leagues is by pushing teams up. Can see the argument on both sides, of course you’d think teams want to be in the top league Pete putting themselves against the best in the area. However a can understand Jon if he’s saying they nearly folded the last time in wanting to ensure his team continues to exist. The Sunday standard has got so much better since leaving welfare and being able to play sat players but there’s still some cracking young players who play with teams that get promoted then leave them and play with another team in the bottom league. I do totally agree tho you want to play against the best teams in your area week in week out but if the team take a bad defeat and the players stop turning up you can’t force them to be there. Far cry from when yourself played bud, the commitment just isn’t there anymore. 

Probably right baz 

but football is fucked if teams get to pick what league they want to play in ....... total lack of ambition 

nae wonder boys are leaving football in there droves 

Defo shouldn’t be picking, same time a don’t know what’s in the handbook to be honest to say if they don’t have a choice or not. The thing that bugs me mate is when 4/5 teams fold and then 4/5 teams join. a couple of those teams are filled with players from a team that folded. Some people love scoring hatricks against lower division teams and looking great rather than drawing a blank playing against some top defenders in the prem. 

That’s not to say there’s not decent defenders in teams throughout the leagues before anyone takes that the wrong way, it’s just your more likely to find yourself challenged week in week out the higher you go. 

5 minutes ago, Baz_bruce said:

Defo shouldn’t be picking, same time a don’t know what’s in the handbook to be honest to say if they don’t have a choice or not. The thing that bugs me mate is when 4/5 teams fold and then 4/5 teams join. a couple of those teams are filled with players from a team that folded. Some people love scoring hatricks against lower division teams and looking great rather than drawing a blank playing against some top defenders in the prem. 

Correct neeb 

46 minutes ago, Brucie boy said:

If there is 33 teams this season surely it makes sense to have a 12 - 11-10 set up. 

Think we're at 34 but even then 12 - 11 - 11 the sensible option.