Fife Football Forum

Fife select v Kirriemuir

cubz

Good result.

Would be braw if selected fairly though. 

GPR sitting second - not a single player in the squad. 

Leven setting the pace - you’d expect to see more in from the league leaders.

Just my opinion like - a player in the squad we played against them at the weekend and they haven’t kicked a ball in 5 weeks lol.

10 hours ago, ceejay said:

The people who run the select team are in a No win situation,even when they’re winning they’re still getting beat,show them a bit of support and respect they’re doing it to put the Fife League on the Map.

No disputing that neeb , take my hat of to the guys doing it 

but out of 2 teams you have 12 players ,something not right imo 

i agree they take a lot of there own time out and are trying to put the fife league on the map but the 2 guys that run it are at the two clubs involved with the 12 players picked .. 6 from each team ..( correct me if am wrong as i am going on what am told from the steamie ) .. one player not kicked a ball for 6 weeks goes straight in the team would tell you that they are helping the club to get a player game time dont you think ? 
well thats the talk in the steamie neeb and you wonder how it gets questioned ? The fife select has been funded from all the teams in the league at some point or another and these questions will always be raised .. 

3 hours ago, ya cant said:

No disputing that neeb , take my hat of to the guys doing it 

but out of 2 teams you have 12 players ,something not right imo 

i agree they take a lot of there own time out and are trying to put the fife league on the map but the 2 guys that run it are at the two clubs involved with the 12 players picked .. 6 from each team ..( correct me if am wrong as i am going on what am told from the steamie ) .. one player not kicked a ball for 6 weeks goes straight in the team would tell you that they are helping the club to get a player game time dont you think ? 
well thats the talk in the steamie neeb and you wonder how it gets questioned ? The fife select has been funded from all the teams in the league at some point or another and these questions will always be raised .. 

Pedro that comment regarding Richie is a load of nonsense. Would Harry Kane get left out of the England squad if he was suspended for Spurs for 4 games?  Also alot of those lads in the squad have attended the games on a regular basis, when others who have been selected have pulled out last minute. You have to be fair to these guys who are showing commitment. 

5 minutes ago, Sibby25 said:

Pedro that comment regarding Richie is a load of nonsense. Would Harry Kane get left out of the England squad if he was suspended for Spurs for 4 games?  Also alot of those lads in the squad have attended the games on a regular basis, when others who have been selected have pulled out last minute. You have to be fair to these guys who are showing commitment. 

Av not named any player pal .. you have

av got my thoughts on it and so have many others 

might be wrong might be right but imo 12 players from 2 clubs in which both guys who run the select will always seek more questions than answers 

av heard people say its a disgrace ... 

entitled to yer opinion though neeb 

Some of the posts here are written with no real idea of what’s going on. I also agree with last post. Can’t believe complaints about a good lad that’s just scored 4 goals for the select.

I’m neutral and manage the select. The job would be impossible without the aid of four lads from different clubs & another neutral that put in some effort.

Fact: since last season we have invited 98 players from 23 clubs.

No reply from19 players with 11 stating they would not be involved. Think about the time involved with that. This doesn’t take into account games watched & all the rest.

Finally, 2 players from each club were requested when we started the select, you could count on one hand how many replies I got. 

Quite happy to walk away if hands stuck up to take over!!