Fife Football Forum

Fife select v Kirriemuir

cubz

9 minutes ago, wjc said:

Some of the posts here are written with no real idea of what’s going on. I also agree with last post. Can’t believe complaints about a good lad that’s just scored 4 goals for the select.

I’m neutral and manage the select. The job would be impossible without the aid of four lads from different clubs & another neutral that put in some effort.

Fact: since last season we have invited 98 players from 23 clubs.

No reply from19 players with 11 stating they would not be involved. Think about the time involved with that. This doesn’t take into account games watched & all the rest.

Finally, 2 players from each club were requested when we started the select, you could count on one hand how many replies I got. 

Quite happy to walk away if hands stuck up to take over!!

Only one person named a player neeb 

as i said take my hat off to the guys running the select ...... a think maybe sundays put alot of guys off but now you are playing tuesdays could see a different attitude . 

one question though as at the meetings it was said the select would never intefere with clubs  own doings ..... surely 2 clubs training would have been affected on tuesday with 6 players missing ? 

On 10/19/2019 at 11:07 AM, ya cant said:

Av not named any player pal .. you have

av got my thoughts on it and so have many others 

might be wrong might be right but imo 12 players from 2 clubs in which both guys who run the select will always seek more questions than answers 

av heard people say its a disgrace ... 

entitled to yer opinion though neeb 

So it wasnt Richie you were talking about? 

I agree pal, I've not a clue how Liam Hart hasn't been called up. He had a really good season at us last year putting away 60 odd goals which is good going, Just a shame he left for Greig Park but I noticed he banged a few goals at the weekend. Does it depend on who you are or who you play with?!

Welldone on the result. Maybe instead of backs to the wall you take the comments on the chin and say you picked what you thought was a good team and it showed. But if we're looking at that should have been picked, why was the guy that plays centre half for the ym not picked every game he's played he's stood out? I'm pretty sure a jnr team just picked him up. After the select stuff. 

16 hours ago, Thunderthighs said:

Welldone on the result. Maybe instead of backs to the wall you take the comments on the chin and say you picked what you thought was a good team and it showed. But if we're looking at that should have been picked, why was the guy that plays centre half for the ym not picked every game he's played he's stood out? I'm pretty sure a jnr team just picked him up. After the select stuff. 

Pretty much answered your own question there, boys playing junior and it’s an amature select team. 

So far, Walter has not only got this running but he has won a triangular series event versus Aberdeen and Dundee, picked a squad that has played really well against Kirriemuir and he continues to try and provide better for Amateur players in the KOFAFA. 

There have been a few sensible suggestions, such as the selection of GPR players, as they are going well but as previously stated,  nearly 90 players have been asked and a couple of the names above have not shown up or declined to participate, so you really need to understand what you are posting before you hit the button.

The selection will not always be everyone’s favoured players but communicate clearly if you are connected to a club that has players flying in good form and they will undoubtedly be offered an opportunity.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Thunderthighs said:

He wasn't at the time he was still at ym. The point was they are missing players of that calabur. 

Sorry mate but your wrong, he actually played 2 games. First game up at Kelty he came on as a sub, second game he started and played very well. woulda defo been called back in based on his performance, unfortunately for the Fife team he then went Junior.

1 hour ago, clunie03 said:

Sorry mate but your wrong, he actually played 2 games. First game up at Kelty he came on as a sub, second game he started and played very well. woulda defo been called back in based on his performance, unfortunately for the Fife team he then went Junior.

EOS not junior ,with the Bluebell bud , and he,s playing very well there also