Taylor Sullivan Funeral Directors Challenge Cup Round 2
Fife Thistle v Lochgelly United
Kelty v Bowhill Rovers
Lumphinnans v Cupar Hearts
St Monans Swallows v Balgonie Scotia

NORTH ROAD GARAGE FIFE CUP
Round 1

Kirkcaldy YMCA v Kennoway Star Hearts

Genuine question, does anyone know or understand how the fixtures are compiled?

We asked for a few away games whilst we try and nurse the pitch a bit, but we've now been drawn our 6th home game out of 7 (with the following week also being a home game in the Scottish Cup).

Before you mention swapping the fixture, this week's game is against the team that was the only away game! So we're playing teams twice before we've played other teams once. We have still to face the likes of Bowhill, Balgonie, Ylum for example, but now to nurse our pitch (like others through these wet weather) with no respite, whilst we have no option because the 1 away game we've had is now reversed quickly.

Fossoway could’ve been Away to Leven with having still to play them.. Am soccer could’ve played Ourselves with having still to play them. But we will have played leven twice before November. And fossoway played Kennoway twice in 4 weeks. A know it’s hard before anybody jumps on the band wagon. Just trying to give suggestions. 

6 hours ago, Foss said:

Genuine question, does anyone know or understand how the fixtures are compiled?

We asked for a few away games whilst we try and nurse the pitch a bit, but we've now been drawn our 6th home game out of 7 (with the following week also being a home game in the Scottish Cup).

Before you mention swapping the fixture, this week's game is against the team that was the only away game! So we're playing teams twice before we've played other teams once. We have still to face the likes of Bowhill, Balgonie, Ylum for example, but now to nurse our pitch (like others through these wet weather) with no respite, whilst we have no option because the 1 away game we've had is now reversed quickly.

Normally the Match Secretary is pretty good at accomodating team requests. May be worthwhile asking again.

I Can't see it being off pal cause the forecast looks good for the weekend and i've just been over the park walking the dog and both parks are perfect. We're at home this week and as far as i'm aware our games on and we're on the park next to theres. Theres something no right if it gets cancelled pal.

19 hours ago, Mend It Ted said:

Looking forward to Grieg Park Leven game as just back not took a game in this year can anybody shed any light if it's off as having a pint in Agenda Sunday I heard it's going to be off due to a Grieg park stag doo it's just to know as I will take in kelty Bowhill cheers

Put the fishing rods away lads. Unless you know something a don’t, it’s amateur fitbaw, your always going to have boys missing. But with 26 signed players am sure we will manage 90 minutes :ok:

I know the fixture secretary must have a difficult job to do, but I agree with comments that everyone should play each other once before playing each other again!

I'm not 100% sure but I heard through someone attached to a club in league that, if a game is now called off it gets changed to the other teams park?

This should surely make it easier for him / her to arrange everyone to play each other before playing same team twice in couple of months!

It would be nice if Mr Doyle or a member of the League explained the thinking behind the fixtures being done like this, to be honest.

Am genuinely interested in how he does the fixtures, does he take into account such things as the number of home or away games he's giving sides in a set period (especially at the early stages of the season when the permutations are unlimited)? Does he realise he is getting teams playing the same team twice so quickly - thus also ruling out a switch for bad weather at this early stage of the season?