Fife Football Forum

Games on/off sat 11th January

serg

Just an idea, why doesn't whoever manages the League's website mark games as Postponed as soon as they are notified?

As you can see from the attachment, the P-P from our game has come via our own website as we also use Pitchero and links to theirs. But I can see the League's admin panel on theirs and it takes literally 2 seconds to hit the "P" to mark a fixture postponed and update their website so people can perhaps go to another game etc.

The Juniors do this and it's a great way of seeing what games are on or off at a glance and bringing more traffic to their website.

Honestly, takes a few seconds for their website to get games marked off etc.

http://kingdomoffifeafa.pitchero.com/match-info/fixtures

Screenshot_20200111-142747_Firefox.jpg

Edited by Foss

2 minutes ago, wjc said:

Unfortunately  nothing can be placed on the website until it’s official, either sent in by club secretary or match secretary.

Yes, I know. But as soon as you're notified, you can mark it postponed. As it stands, nothing barring our game is showing as postponed when we know there's games off. As soon as you're notified, update the website?

1 hour ago, wjc said:

Again, unfortunately I don’t get notified until the results are Emailed with the postponed fixtures highlighted.

Something to think about maybe to help the game? I might have considered (as many might) going to another game to support the amateur game but would have little knowledge of what's on or off.

Works well in the Juniors etc. It's not hard to implement (as a Pitchero user for us) and would be a big help for many, I suspect.

1 hour ago, sirboss said:

totally agree website waste of time not updated

It certainly isn't being utilised like you would hope an important League source of info should be with the most important aspect - the fixtures.

Being a Pitchero user, I have the Admin ability to mark games postponed too (like I do with ours), but it sounds like some thought needs to be given to how the relevant people manage the info they have to enable this. It's not difficult.

It's a shame the website couldn't be kept up to date on a Saturday morning with postponed games as it's literally a 2 second job but would benefit many.

Edited by Foss

Disappointed with the website yesterday as Foss says why can’t this be updated as soon as a game is postponed,this reflects badly on the league who should be trying to maximise attendances at the games that weren’t postponed.