Fife Football Forum

Bertie Wooster

Hawhaw

Have I Got Views For You (Serious edition)

Another 24 hrs have passed and Bertie is still in hiding. (presumably in a fridge) He is an educated man (idiocy does not necessitate inarticulacy) and a lot of people who carry out such stupid acts could be a lot more articulate if they had taken more time over what they were saying. Just like his character in the stories themselves this idiot has gotten into a situation that’s become too much for him. BW is really not so much “stupid” as he is forgetful and weak-willed.Neither of those things preclude one from being intelligent. It is our view then that he’s a reasonably intelligent Cloudcuckoolander with a child’s perspective.

We have shown nothing but respect on here for Lochgelly so far other than a mock badge which was promptly removed. However we understand that the club are now fully aware of the situation and have been for some time, and should they expect this esteem to continue would now urge them for comment as the longer they remain silent the more we are of the opinion they condone this sort of behaviour. 

When news broke on twitter Saturday night about our CMO Dr Catherine Calderwood my first thought was it’s not the crime of the century, but she’s  been foolish and for someone in her position should know better so she’s got to go. Full credit to her for facing the media the following day and apologising unreservedly, that took some balls but had she’d remained in her job the wrong message would have been sent out. Compare that to Ian Patrick, secretary & treasurer of Lochgelly Albert and also President of the Fife and Lothians football association who had this to say on Facebook E2DF2997-15E9-4B99-B904-4B682407D842.jpeg

A far worse crime from someone in a similar position of responsibility and who ought to know better but cowardly refuses to explain himself, apologise or resign. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 8:28 PM, Weshallnotbemoved said:

When news broke on twitter Saturday night about our CMO Dr Catherine Calderwood my first thought was it’s not the crime of the century, but she’s  been foolish and for someone in her position should know better so she’s got to go. Full credit to her for facing the media the following day and apologising unreservedly, that took some balls but had she’d remained in her job the wrong message would have been sent out. Compare that to Ian Patrick, secretary & treasurer of Lochgelly Albert and also President of the Fife and Lothians football association who had this to say on Facebook E2DF2997-15E9-4B99-B904-4B682407D842.jpeg

A far worse crime from someone in a similar position of responsibility and who ought to know better but cowardly refuses to explain himself, apologise or resign. 

What a tit!

On 4/16/2020 at 11:00 AM, Berti said:

What a tit!

The sad truth about bigotry is that bigots like him either don’t realise that they are bigots, or they convince themselves that their bigotry is perfectly justified.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:32 PM, izod said:

There is or should not be any place in football for guys like this.... I would hope the club have taken the correct action here and done the right thing!!

The silence from the club is deafening but trust me there is a lot more to come on the subject. This will not be allowed to be swept under the carpet.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:32 PM, izod said:

There is or should not be any place in football for guys like this.... I would hope the club have taken the correct action here and done the right thing!!

It would appear the club condone the bigoted behaviour of their secretary and are only interested in taking appropriate action against kids. 

667DB4B2-3DED-4607-9189-EB91E9A3D266.jpeg

That’s the statement I was referring to in my last post in the pyramidicks thread GD. We should make our own appeal, to the club who thinks it acceptable for their secretary to make bigoted remarks and the use of child abuse to point score against opposition fans. 

Behaviour that is not only narrow minded, totally offensive and unnecessary but clearly unacceptable in any context and in any walk of life.

We know exactly who is responsible and until they take appropriate action we will NEVER STOP reminding them.

Didn’t pay too much attention to the sentence accompanying the bigotry being swept under the carpet pic but makes sense now. Question for izod and weshallnotbemoved....what do you guys consider appropriate action in this instance? Asking for a friend.

Tell your friend, patience is a virtue, Daddy. 

My stance on bigotry is quite clear. I have consistently and systematically challenged prejudice at every opportunity on this forum. Written dozens of articles in the past condemning those who continue to perpetuate bullying. It takes time for muppets like lan Patrick to realise that only a full unequivocal statement and apology will prevent them from being hounded for it any further. 

He says be careful who you’re calling a muppet, you might be asked to elaborate.

Joking aside we know you won’t give up however long it takes but we were more interested in what you guys think would be a satisfactory conclusion. Public apology? resignation ? or action from the club. Lochgelly have been keen to reiterate in the past their stance on showing bigotry the red card, this surely makes a mockery of such campaigns.

• 2 weeks later...

As I’ve already said Daddy, be patient. Don’t fear us when we’re angry and screaming. Fear us when we’re angry and quiet, because we’re plotting our revenge. He’s had more than enough time to come out of hiding or resign from the Fife and Lothians presidency. It is now up to Lochgelly to take appropriate action. 

Spoke last week to someone whose uncle is on the Lochgelly committee. He agrees the stuff posted on Ian Patrick’s Facebook is well out of order but insists the committee are not likely to take any action at all. He assures me his relative is not a bigot though.

I never said all the committee are bigots,

7080DD75-799C-42EB-99B0-BC9383F358C6.jpeg

however interesting information is being gathered on them from reliable and discreet sources every day that passes. If you fly with the crows ........I may not have a 200 page dossier but there are a couple of interesting skeletons currently in the closet.