Fife Football Forum

No football till june 10th

ya cant

21 hours ago, Shiekh said:

Surely time to reconstruct leagues wi all the proposed new teams Bomber?

13 - 13 - 13 

It all depends what happens with teams wanting promoted, AM soccer folding leaves 11 in premier league, if Cupar and Ylum get relegated (which a don’t think will happen) that means 3rd place in first division will need to come up. Will they fancy it? 

edited to say, that’s if all 7 new teams are accepted. 

Edited by Bombscare

4 hours ago, Bombscare said:

12 - 13 - 13 

It all depends what happens with teams wanting promoted, AM soccer folding leaves 11 in premier league, if Cupar and Ylum get relegated (which a don’t think will happen) that means 3rd place in first division will need to come up. Will they fancy it? 

edited to say, that’s if all 7 new teams are accepted. 

With AM and Cupar merging, surely they not want relegating so will work it as such that Cupar surrenders their existence (as such) and AM is then renamed (if necessary) to allow them to keep a top flight place if relegation places are happening?

7 hours ago, DB Keeper said:

Bloody farce IMO if we are relegated 13 games left and only there on goal difference anything could happen. Whole season should be null and void if it's not going to be restarted. New teams accepted in start at the bottom. If it's a bigger league they play twice 

You’d imagine they would have to do it on points per game due to the games in hand that teams have over others. Which would effectively keep youse up.

8 hours ago, Foss said:

With AM and Cupar merging, surely they not want relegating so will work it as such that Cupar surrenders their existence (as such) and AM is then renamed (if necessary) to allow them to keep a top flight place if relegation places are happening?

Cupar won’t name change, so will mean relegation. There is no money in the amateur game. So it’s a easy decision to just call it a day and start again. If 7 teams do come in, promote top 2/3 in each league and then go again. Defo no time to finish this season, so it’s only a matter of time before they make a decision 

edited to say.. or do the points per game, and declare top teams champions and let everybody know. Ammies the only league not to have made a decision yet 

Edited by Bombscare

If it was based on points per game ratio then there is little difference other than in the Championship if my calculations are correct.

Premier Champions - Leven Untied  and relegated would be Lumphinnans and Cupar Hearts

Championship  Champions - Kelty Hearts. Kinross promoted with Eastvale and Markinch relegated

1st Division Champions Lochgelly United. Fife Thistle promoted

Hoping this helps with planning the next new season regarding clubs wishing to enter/re-enter league, I can confirm HoB have completed necessary paperwork and are looking forward to the challenge ahead and hope to get going again August 2020, however this season has to be completed in some way but who knows how or what is the fairest ? Good luck anyway to all teams and to the Committee who will not win whatever is decided.

season should be null and void ,far to many games to play to decide who wins goes down etc. does it really matter I don't think leven will be celebrating if they get announced as champions. my prediction is there wont even be ammie football next season as the lockdown when it does start to be lifted will not allow social gatherings for along time yet and football wont be able to start any time this year. only my thoughts but see how far away I am come august.