Fife Football Forum

No football till june 10th

ya cant

As time moves on We need to think when next a ball will be kicked in anger  Not only that but for a lucky few all our playing surfaces haven't been touched

I suppose we need to look at the inevitable that the season could be over and look at all options 

Do we call it null and void? Do we look at promotion/relegation by going with standing as is?

Any proposals on the table? Do we need to change our constitution ? 

Don't know the answers but as has been said before safety at the moment comes 1st

2 hours ago, Shiekh said:

Think everyone involved in Fife football would agree that we should play each team once before playing any return games. Too many folk are always complaining about playing a team twice before they’ve played other teams once. Don’t fancy being in fixture Secretary’s shoes but maybe needs looked at. 

There are times when the Fixtures Sec has no other Choice,if teams are at the bottom half of the league are out The Fife,Scottish and Domestic cups early doors it’s either play each other or No Fixture,Still agree that All teams Should be playing Each other at least once and not be having to play the same team twice in the League in the Latter half of the Season.

We were stick ons to join.  But with the rona its made things difficult.

Depending on the scenario and how it plays out will determine if we are in this season.  I wish I could be more concrete but I am sure we all would like
that clairvoyance.

Kettle WILL be back, that's for sure. When....  your guess is as good as mine.

On 4/23/2020 at 9:08 PM, back post casual said:

It seems completely obvious that we should acknowledge there will be no more football played in the 2019/20 season.

The only discussion required is over whether to award the league winners medals and then focus on how to prepare the leagues for the new season, whenever it’ll be allowed to begin.

Waiting and being indecisive on this current season will simply hinder the clubs and the league committee’s preparation for the new season ahead. I just personally feel that one interrupted season is enough, instead of hindering two.

Are they having meeting to discuss things? 

2 hours ago, Bombscare said:

Looks like we’re go try finish this season going by the email lads :banghead:

Our league season finishing off at the same time juniors/eos etc are starting the 2020/21 season. Hows that going to work for possible players in our league moving to those leagues or players stepping down to ammie level? 

Edited by Sibby25

9 hours ago, Sibby25 said:

Our league season finishing off at the same time juniors/eos etc are starting the 2020/21 season. Hows that going to work for possible players in our league moving to those leagues or players stepping down to ammie level? 

They should be going by the average points system, making everybody champions like every other league (if that’s what the decide, no one can argue)

Dont relegate anyone and promote 3/4 teams from each league

We will all know where we stand, and we can look forward to next season if and when that may be 

So if the 7 teams come in and with 1 confirmed club leaving/amalgamating how many does make in total

I think something should be done so it allows clubs to decide their future as in will they continue or not

I also think we need to look at the constitution possibly some amendments required 

Edited by Mariner

9 minutes ago, Mariner said:

So if the 7 teams come in and with 1 confirmed club leaving/amalgamating how many does make in total

I think something should be done so it allows clubs to decide their future as in will they continue or not

I also think we need to look at the constitution possibly some amendments required 

No teams will be coming in if they decide to finish the league. 

mockery this. 

On 4/25/2020 at 4:43 PM, ceejay said:

There are times when the Fixtures Sec has no other Choice,if teams are at the bottom half of the league are out The Fife,Scottish and Domestic cups early doors it’s either play each other or No Fixture,Still agree that All teams Should be playing Each other at least once and not be having to play the same team twice in the League in the Latter half of the Season.

Or 2 weeks in a row, as has previously happened regularly.