No football till june 10th

ya cant

Going by constitution rules would be 

11-10-18

restructing leagues is easy 

of the top of ma head 

14-14-12 

league at bottom play each other 3 times 

not saying that is how it will go but after last seasons debacle at agm were teams threatened to fold if they went up a league it wont be hard to get teams with a wee bit ambition to apply themselves to go up a league 

12 minutes ago, ya cant said:

11-10-18

of the top of ma head 

14-14-12 

not saying that is how it will go but after last seasons debacle at agm were teams threatened to fold if they went up a league it wont be hard to get teams with a wee bit ambition to apply themselves to go up a league 

But how would you decide who moves up? If leagues are null and void then positions do not count so I presume you would want to use last seasons positions?

15 minutes ago, ya cant said:

11-10-18

of the top of ma head 

14-14-12 

But you're saying how you want it, but you're not proposing a rational how to make that happen? Who goes in what division?  How do you decide?

A never said who decides but last season we decided a 14 team premier at agm but then we had a sgm to change it back to 12 because teams didnt want to go up . I dont think it will be much different this year but who knows 

theres a pandemic in the world just now and whatever way you look at it no one knows when we will be back playing football . 

I think if its null and void and the restructure does happen they could still use the teams who were in position(using what would be the average points) to be promoted the chance to still do so. It's either that or  have the leagues stay the same for one season with new teams being added into the bottom then restructure the following season. 

42 minutes ago, boy"z" said:

I think if its null and void and the restructure does happen they could still use the teams who were in position(using what would be the average points) to be promoted the chance to still do so. It's either that or  have the leagues stay the same for one season with new teams being added into the bottom then restructure the following season. 

If declaring null and void then we can't use teams current positions or average points to decide anything so the only option would be to use the 2018/19 final standings to decide which will bring it's own issues as was found out at the start of this campaign with teams not wanting to go up.

If Null and void then I think the only option is the 10-11-18 set up.

10 hours ago, sirboss said:

accept I bet you would maybe top of the league but trophies giving out when season complete. you still had to play bowhill twice gpr away and am away so not certain to win league but if you happy with that well done get the open top bus out and tour the prom on your own ,now grow up and go back to lockdown.

Guid post sir a hink sum wans been haen a bbq an a few sherries .....Leven tap o league last time a seen them they were rank rotten but did win tbf  gpr a better outfit an wid have taen the title best to null an void tho just ma opinion YR 

51 minutes ago, Berti said:

If declaring null and void then we can't use teams current positions or average points to decide anything so the only option would be to use the 2018/19 final standings to decide which will bring it's own issues as was found out at the start of this campaign with teams not wanting to go up.

It's very bizarre circumstances and I know null and void you wouldnt usually be able to do it but if the need to reconstruct the leagues this would be the only way or as you say 10-11-18 but does it really matter. At the end of the day as long as everyone is going to be back playing and training. Missing the football, training, playing and banter is hurting the most. Hopefully come july/august will see us back. 

57 minutes ago, Berti said:

What nul and void does is leave us in a position where we are at the mercy of new teams coming in!

what happens if this rolls on till Xmas and 4/5 of the new teams lose a bit momentum and find themselves in a position where they can’t join the league?

We then don’t have the numbers for restructure and we are punishing teams who won 14 of their 15 league games this season! 

if we want the strongest leagues possible top to bottom we should have been arguing for promotion no relegation this season! I don’t mind if there’s a league trophy in our pub but we literally couldn’t have asked any more of our boys this season and to now have to sit and wait for an AGM to find out If we might go up is no more wrong than relegating teams who might have avoided it given a few more games!

21 minutes ago, piper said:

What nul and void does is leave us in a position where we are at the mercy of new teams coming in!

what happens if this rolls on till Xmas and 4/5 of the new teams lose a bit momentum and find themselves in a position where they can’t join the league?

We then don’t have the numbers for restructure and we are punishing teams who won 14 of their 15 league games this season! 

if we want the strongest leagues possible top to bottom we should have been arguing for promotion no relegation this season! I don’t mind if there’s a league trophy in our pub but we literally couldn’t have asked any more of our boys this season and to now have to sit and wait for an AGM to find out If we might go up is no more wrong than relegating teams who might have avoided it given a few more games!

Agreed. Average points basis would see all the teams that were in the promotion hunt go up so no real complaints. Relegation wise, Cupar, Eastvale, Lumphinnans and Markinch have all had very poor sessions and probably deserve to go down however as it's mathematically possible for them to have turned their seasons around and stayed up then surely taking relegation out the equation is possible and that then takes self interest out of clubs decisions as to how they vote.

Edited by Berti

Whatever the outcome was this season it wasn’t going to suit everybody. We’re in a pandemic and we don’t know when we will be able to play again. 

Option 1 & 3 not really an option in my opinion. So that leaves option 2 & 4. 
Whatever gets decided we have to respect the decisions and at least we all know where we stand and can get looking forward to kicking a ball again soonish (hopefully)

7 hours ago, Berti said:

But how would you decide who moves up? If leagues are null and void then positions do not count so I presume you would want to use last seasons positions?

Exactly. Everyone supporting null and void totally and utterly baffles me. 

In my eyes reconstruction has to be done on last seasons standings if the season is declared null and void. You can’t patch off the season to save your club from going down and then use average points to ensure the top league is the magic 14 teams that folk have been fighting for for years. Total double standards here!

Edited by Off The Post

Sounds to me like there is a few "Null and Void Campaigners" on here looking after their own clubs... 

Lets Null and Void the season... ohh then reconstruct the leagues to suit, with no final league standings to work with!! Crazy.. IMO to restructure the league you would have to finish the season with average points system being used, also seems fairest way to all teams involved!

Sporting integrity at its finest... Null and Void, then reconstruction of the leagues!! Why not just put the teams in a hat and draw them out to make up divisions...hahaha!