Fife Football Forum

No football till june 10th

ya cant

I've no idea if a season has ever finished on average points at this level... but why not, its a sensible option!!

I've no idea about numbers, new teams etc.. but it would be ludicrous to Null and Void, then say lets reconstruct to suit!!

41 minutes ago, izod said:

I've no idea if a season has ever finished on average points at this level... but why not, its a sensible option!!

I've no idea about numbers, new teams etc.. but it would be ludicrous to Null and Void, then say lets reconstruct to suit!!

Why is it ludicrous to null and void a season when theres teams played 20 league games and others played 12 games . Average points where the team only played 12 has played teams at the top of the league twice before playing teams at the bottom once .a know what sounds ludicrous 

caledonian league .. null and void with one of the teams unbeaten in there league 

safl league .... null and void 

aberdeen league .. null and void 

east of scotland ... null and void 

Edited by ya cant

3 minutes ago, ya cant said:

Why is it ludicrous to null and void a season when theres teams played 20 league games and others played 12 games . Average points where the team only played 12 has played teams at the top of the league twice before playing teams at the bottom once .a know what sounds ludicrous 

caledonian league .. null and void with one of the teams unbeaten in there league 

Have these leagues got 7/8 new teams joining, losing a team from the top league and are going to need major reconstruction? 

Just had a chat with the league committee just so we know exactly where we stand - and a vote for null and void means there is no league data to go on for reconstruction from 2019/20 season! For us this means nothing to back out argument for promotion as all new clubs from last year and the new clubs coming in this year are considered as new clubs for tie 2020/21 season!

so this argument won’t be resolved by reconstruction it would seem! So teams like ourselves, fife thistle, Kinross, kelty won’t have anything to back our argument at the AGM for promotion as part of the restructuring 

5 minutes ago, ya cant said:

Whats that got to do with it like ? 

Plenty. If no new teams were coming in and none leaving then null and void wouldn’t be that much of a issue. However come the AGM we need to balance the leagues and with null and void what data do we use to promote teams up the system? 

It's just like the sfa

Leven think there celtic and want tainted titles. 

Cupar hearts now got am soccer and want Ann budge instead of Austin. 

Ylum wanting an independent inspection of the kofafa. 

League Fixtures brought into question. 

It's amateur football guys and girls, let's not get mentioned in the next rangers statement. 

Enjoy yer Sunday

18 minutes ago, Off The Post said:

Plenty. If no new teams were coming in and none leaving then null and void wouldn’t be that much of a issue. However come the AGM we need to balance the leagues and with null and void what data do we use to promote teams up the system? 

I put a resolution into the league last week 

and others can also do it as well .. the leagues will be restructured at the agm like they were last season but bizarraliy got changed cause teams didnt want to go  up. 

17 minutes ago, ya cant said:

and others can also do it as well .. the leagues will be restructured at the agm like they were last season but bizarraliy got changed cause teams didnt want to go  up. 

Again can you explain how they would be restructured? If Null and void then this season didn't happen so to restructure the only option is to use the league standings from the 2018/19 season.

You don't seem to be getting it. If Null and void then and only scenario would be the 11-10-18 set up

22 minutes ago, ya cant said:

Spoke to the league this morning Pete and the standings from this season wouldn’t be used in the structuring! Because of Null and void we Lochgelly would be considered a new team at the next AGM, along with strath and freuchie in the bottom league and would Have no results to go in to argue for promotion in the re structure. That’s 3 of the top 4 in our league in that boat 

i feel a bit more clarity from the league on what null and void actually means would be helpful here. 

58 minutes ago, ya cant said:

And have all the above associations also wanted a restructure of the leagues!! 

As I said if Null and Void, then only fair way would be 11 - 10 - 18 set up.. as no no promotion or relegation can be enforced,  as season Null and Void! Which doesn't look very appealing to the neutral like myself!! 

I fully appreciate you are only looking out for the best interest of your own team!

1 minute ago, Berti said:

Again can you explain how they would be restructured? If Null and void then this season didn't happen so to restructure the only option is to use the league standings from the 2018/19 season.

You don't seem to be getting it. If Null and void then and only scenario would be the 11-10-18 set up

Put your resolution in bertie 

the clubs will decide what happens in the vote for all options and whatever the vote is thats what will happen and all the teams will have to accept it . 
as a boy said earlier its amateur football and theres a pandemic going on in the world with thousands of people dying , a think people are just wanting this out the road the longer it goes on  as i cant see us playing football till at least november and by that time there might be not alot of clubs left 

4 minutes ago, ya cant said:

Put your resolution in bertie 

the clubs will decide what happens in the vote for all options and whatever the vote is thats what will happen and all the teams will have to accept it . 
as a boy said earlier its amateur football and theres a pandemic going on in the world with thousands of people dying , a think people are just wanting this out the road the longer it goes on  as i cant see us playing football till at least november and by that time there might be not alot of clubs left 

So you don't have a solution is what you're saying. You just want null and void.

As is normal in Fife Amateur football, self interest is at the heart of every topic of discussion.
In the past any changes to the constitution could be made at the AGM with a simple majority of clubs in attendance. To suggest that we would have to go back to the previous seasons league positions and disregard new members is quite ludicrous. 
ps You can’t have an AGM until social distancing rules have changed. See you boys in November

38 minutes ago, Berti said:

So you don't have a solution is what you're saying. You just want null and void.

Null and void is an option to vote on in the leagues 4 options . 
what dont you understand .

caledonian league .. null and void

safl ... null and void 

these leagues had a vote of all there clubs 

whos to say null and void will win the vote ? 
teams might vote to carry the season on so its played to a finish . 

whatever is voted on by all the clubs will be the result