Fife Football Forum

No football till june 10th

ya cant

12 hours ago, Berti said:

So tell me then, you declare the season null and void therefore cancelling all league positions so how do you decide who then goes up to level out the numbers? Paper, rocks, scissors? You can't have your cake and eat it. 

Has your team not already agreed to Null & Void?

59 minutes ago, ya cant said:

Null and void is an option to vote on in the leagues 4 options . 
what dont you understand .

caledonian league .. null and void

safl ... null and void 

these leagues had a vote of all there clubs 

whos to say null and void will win the vote ? 
teams might vote to carry the season on so its played to a finish . 

whatever is voted on by all the clubs will be the result 

What you are struggling to understand judging by the other posts is that if the season is null and void, you can't easily restructure the Leagues as you would have no current data to decide who would be where in the new setup.

Understand?

29 minutes ago, clunie03 said:

One things clear. No matter what option is chosen, unless Ya C*nt is removed fi the form then actually nobody will come away from this happy. Absolute moon fruit. 

stay safe guys :D

Your the absolute tool pal

calling all teams pish cause you want a tainted title 

am sure there is no easy way to call the league as no matter what happens there will be some teams not happy . 

5 hours ago, Berti said:

Agreed. Average points basis would see all the teams that were in the promotion hunt go up so no real complaints. Relegation wise, Cupar, Eastvale, Lumphinnans and Markinch have all had very poor sessions and probably deserve to go down however as it's mathematically possible for them to have turned their seasons around and stayed up then surely taking relegation out the equation is possible and that then takes self interest out of clubs decisions as to how they vote.

We have 8 games left with 6 teams in and around us and 3 points behind Kirkcaldy who we have to play twice, so not sure how we probably deserve to go down? After signing 4 new boys not long ago and beating Fossoway and Pittenweem in our last few league games, im more than confident we will climb the table and be safe. 

Just a quick question lads, why cant the leagues finishes as they are with no relegation. Promote the top teams from the Championship and Div 1 as it stands now and then add ur new teams to bottom league? Leagues will then have more teams like everyone wants and majority will be happy. 

1 hour ago, ya cant said:

Your the absolute tool pal

calling all teams pish cause you want a tainted title 

am sure there is no easy way to call the league as no matter what happens there will be some teams not happy . 

A never said anybody was pish, a said you’ve had a pish season if nul en voids what your team favours. Once the vote comes out, a guarantee there is not one team whos had a good league campaign thus far voted for it. Nobody’s wants a what you like to call a (tainted title), everyone who’s able to still win it wants that chance. You want the league void cause, wait for it...... your teams had a pish season, prove that fact wrong al hold ma hands up. Nul en void is a saving grace for failure whether you like to admit it or not. Me personally, a want to finish what was started, that’s ma own opinion, even if it ment we went on to lose, because we’ve put that much effort in to be in a title challenge with GPR. You’ll think that’s pish anaw tho cause your team stand a chance eh relagation if we continue where we left of, every option your team gets relagated aswell. If there was another option that your team get the league and you were awarded a knighthood you’d be oot handing oot flyers and decorating the street wi bunton, declaring that the best vote for sporiting integrity. Your views have he haw to do wi sporting integrity they are solely for the future of your own club.... which is totally ok, just diny preach sporting integrity, be honest big man. 

Edited by clunie03

18 minutes ago, Sibby25 said:

We have 8 games left with 6 teams in and around us and 3 points behind Kirkcaldy who we have to play twice, so not sure how we probably deserve to go down? After signing 4 new boys not long ago and beating Fossoway and Pittenweem in our last few league games, im more than confident we will climb the table and be safe. 

Just a quick question lads, why cant the leagues finishes as they are with no relegation. Promote the top teams from the Championship and Div 1 as it stands now and then add ur new teams to bottom league? Leagues will then have more teams like everyone wants and majority will be happy. 

Think that’d be the best option Sibby, but would need to change constitution to allow it. I personally don’t think you can relegate any team when there’s still points to play for. Don’t get me wrong, we (Scotia) would be safe with average points or calling it a day as per option 1, but that doesn’t seem right to me. Teams fates should be completed after a full season. If we could vote null and void, change constitution to allow teams to move up, then that’s what I’d vote for. 

14th March and still no played each other, 2 month of the season left. Crazy. Whatever the outcome is Wednesday let’s try make it better next season. 

Play each other once before Xmas a usually say but depending on when we start (if possible due to Scottish cup) 

Not playing the same team 2 weeks in a row. 

Not having the same ref 6 weeks in a row.. 

So much to discuss at the meetings. 

24 minutes ago, Shiekh said:

Think that’d be the best option Sibby, but would need to change constitution to allow it. I personally don’t think you can relegate any team when there’s still points to play for. Don’t get me wrong, we (Scotia) would be safe with average points or calling it a day as per option 1, but that doesn’t seem right to me. Teams fates should be completed after a full season. If we could vote null and void, change constitution to allow teams to move up, then that’s what I’d vote for. 

If this coronavirus had came last season at this time we would have been relegated if vote goes for that option. We got to last 16 of Scottish and had loads of games to play in the league, we ended up winning most and finishing 5th i think. Then we won the Fife so ended up being a decent season. 

I'd like to think you could change the constitution to allow this to happen. When would we have thought in this day and age that this would have happened in our lifetime. 

30 minutes ago, clunie03 said:

A never said anybody was pish, a said you’ve had a pish season if nul en voids what your team favours. Once the vote comes out, a guarantee there is not one team whos had a good league campaign thus far voted for it. Nobody’s wants a what you like to call a (tainted title), everyone who’s able to still win it wants that chance. You want the league void cause, wait for it...... your teams had a pish season, prove that fact wrong al hold ma hands up. Nul en void is a saving grace for failure whether you like to admit it or not. Me personally, a want to finish what was started, that’s ma own opinion, even if it ment we went on to lose, because we’ve put that much effort in to be in a title challenge with GPR. You’ll think that’s pish anaw tho cause your team stand a chance eh relagation if we continue where we left of, every option your team gets relagated aswell. If there was another option that your team get the league and you were awarded a knighthood you’d be oot handing oot flyers and decorating the street wi bunton, declaring that the best vote for sporiting integrity. Your views have he haw to do wi sporting integrity they are solely for the future of your own club.... which is totally ok, just diny preach sporting integrity, be honest big man. 

Am sure your team mates are glad you come on here and called all the teams pish .... 

only 2 options there that has sporting integrity are options 3 and 4 

option 1 call it as it is with teams played 20 games and others 12 games ... you think that is fair ? 

option 2 same as option 1 but average points 

you think thats fair ? 

option 3 finish the season later on 

sounds good but nobody knows when season will start  and am soccer will have amalgamated with cupar by that time so all there points would have to be deducted and teams who took points off them be deducted . 

option 4 

null and void 

season ends with no winners and losers 

3 minutes ago, Sibby25 said:

If this coronavirus had came last season at this time we would have been relegated if vote goes for that option. We got to last 16 of Scottish and had loads of games to play in the league, we ended up winning most and finishing 5th i think. Then we won the Fife so ended up being a decent season. 

I'd like to think you could change the constitution to allow this to happen. When would we have thought in this day and age that this would have happened in our lifetime. 

I’d agree wi you, don’t think it’d take much to change it to allow the league to have a bit of flexibility in the current situation we’re in. 

33 minutes ago, Bombscare said:

14th March and still no played each other, 2 month of the season left. Crazy. Whatever the outcome is Wednesday let’s try make it better next season. 

Play each other once before Xmas a usually say but depending on when we start (if possible due to Scottish cup) 

Not playing the same team 2 weeks in a row. 

Not having the same ref 6 weeks in a row.. 

So much to discuss at the meetings. 

Ive always argued this case that surely you can do fixtures right through at start of the season. If im wrong then someone please tell me?

Surely if you had a proper structure then it would work?

This as an example -
Taylor and Sullivan played as a Summer Cup. Played months Aug/Sep at start of the season, possible a different format like the Scottish Senior League Cup with leagues to start and then straight knockout Quarters, Semi and Final. 

League Fixtures/Fife Cup/Scottish Cup months Sep to May

League Cup fixtures played March to May.

Cup dates always take president as awell as replays and any league fixtuers cancelled due to this or weather then get put back until end of the season, everyone then knows where they stand. 

That format surely gives a bit of variety and interest. 

22 minutes ago, ya cant said:

Am sure your team mates are glad you come on here and called all the teams pish .... 

only 2 options there that has sporting integrity are options 3 and 4 

option 1 call it as it is with teams played 20 games and others 12 games ... you think that is fair ? 

option 2 same as option 1 but average points 

you think thats fair ? 

option 3 finish the season later on 

sounds good but nobody knows when season will start  and am soccer will have amalgamated with cupar by that time so all there points would have to be deducted and teams who took points off them be deducted . 

option 4 

null and void 

season ends with no winners and losers 

Pete is there a rule that league needs to be finished by a certain date? If not why is next season taking priority over the current 1? Surely we should be looking at finishing the 1 we’re well into before thinking of the following one. Can Cupar and AM Soccer not hang of until season has been completed?

You say null and void ends with no winners  or losers but there would certainly be losers them being the clubs who had a chance of winning the title. 

sinky