Fife Football Forum

No football till june 10th

ya cant

3 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Pete is there a rule that league needs to be finished by a certain date? If not why is next season taking priority over the current 1? Surely we should be looking at finishing the 1 we’re well into before thinking of the following one. Can Cupar and AM Soccer not hang of until season has been completed?

You say null and void ends with no winners  or losers but there would certainly be losers them being the clubs who had a chance of winning the title. 

sinky

Everyone has a different opinion neeb and whatever the vote is then thats what will happen .. we were voting for option 3 but now option 4 is on the table we decided to go for option 4 . 
its all about opinions but sporting integrity should be the one thing before self interest 

so option 3 and 4 both have sporting integrity imo 

options 1 and 2 are for self interest 

Never commented on here before but just wanted to say something re. all this. 

The association has 7/8 new teams waiting to join, nowadays thats unheard of and will make the assoc. even stronger. Use that positive thing when looking at options to continue with football. 

As for ‘sporting integrity’ or ‘fairness’, nothing about this is fair, you will never please every club, thats impossible. Best you could do is use the new teams you have coming in to reconstruct the leagues and make the next campaign a very exciting one. Null and void is ridiculous, at least provide an option that brings out some sort of a positive result for the association, in my opinion the best option we have is how can we use this situation to make following campaigns better. Average points - promotions/reconstruct for me. Make the leagues for the better. No easy options or 100% fair options so stop trying to pretend there is one! 

Edited by ...

5 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Pete is there a rule that league needs to be finished by a certain date? If not why is next season taking priority over the current 1? Surely we should be looking at finishing the 1 we’re well into before thinking of the following one. Can Cupar and AM Soccer not hang of until season has been completed?

You say null and void ends with no winners  or losers but there would certainly be losers them being the clubs who had a chance of winning the title. 

sinky

Your main problem with that is that other ammie leagues and juniors, eos and lowland leagues have finished up. What for example theres boys in our leagues wanting to join a team in those leagues. When our season is starting back to finish this one then those leagues will be starting the 2020/21 season. Also whats the situation if you have boys coming from juniors, eos or lowland league to join your team? Can they play the rest of this season if we return? 

19 minutes ago, Sibby25 said:

Your main problem with that is that other ammie leagues and juniors, eos and lowland leagues have finished up. What for example theres boys in our leagues wanting to join a team in those leagues. When our season is starting back to finish this one then those leagues will be starting the 2020/21 season. Also whats the situation if you have boys coming from juniors, eos or lowland league to join your team? Can they play the rest of this season if we return? 

Can see all your points mate but just feel if it goes down the null and void route the teams that were performing are the only one’s being punished, something needs to give to give these teams some sort of recognition. Lochgelly for example have done all we could ask of them this far but will not be promoted even if league reconstruction goes ahead as will be classed as a new team again, just doesn’t sit right 

32 minutes ago, ... said:

Never commented on here before but just wanted to say something re. all this. 

The association has 7/8 new teams waiting to join, nowadays thats unheard of and will make the assoc. even stronger. Use that positive thing when looking at options to continue with football. 

As for ‘sporting integrity’ or ‘fairness’, nothing about this is fair, you will never please every club, thats impossible. Best you could do is use the new teams you have coming in to reconstruct the leagues and make the next campaign a very exciting one. Null and void is ridiculous, at least provide an option that brings out some sort of a positive result for the association, in my opinion the best option we have is how can we use this situation to make following campaigns better. Average points - promotions/reconstruct for me. Make the leagues for the better. No easy options or 100% fair options so stop trying to pretend there is one! 

Wow 

never posted before but will get your tuppence in . 
Entitled to your opinion though

1 hour ago, ya cant said:

Am sure your team mates are glad you come on here and called all the teams pish .... 

only 2 options there that has sporting integrity are options 3 and 4 

option 1 call it as it is with teams played 20 games and others 12 games ... you think that is fair ? 

option 2 same as option 1 but average points 

you think thats fair ? 

option 3 finish the season later on 

sounds good but nobody knows when season will start  and am soccer will have amalgamated with cupar by that time so all there points would have to be deducted and teams who took points off them be deducted . 

option 4 

null and void 

season ends with no winners and losers 

Again Pete Muir sees what he wants, are you that intellectually inept your struggling with basic English. Al repeat to give you yet another chance to understand, maybe write it doon and you can go over it with a friend. I have called no team pish, however I did say, nul en void favours teams who have had a pish season, that’s all it favours. It voids a thus far successful campaign for the competing teams and it hides the fact other teams were having a (pish) bad season, you’d be wan eh the teams am talking aboot however. A pish season, underachieving, not played so well, struggled for results. You feel me neeber,  or would you best understand if a try explain in a colouring book.  What am stating is a fact, there’s no team who’s challenging wanting a nul en void, there’s plenty reasons for those who aren’t challenging to vote for that option however. Hopefully we’re clear here aye, before you tell any more lies about things am saying. Managing director eh the heedebangers you min :blink:

2 hours ago, Sibby25 said:

We have 8 games left with 6 teams in and around us and 3 points behind Kirkcaldy who we have to play twice, so not sure how we probably deserve to go down? After signing 4 new boys not long ago and beating Fossoway and Pittenweem in our last few league games, im more than confident we will climb the table and be safe. 

Just a quick question lads, why cant the leagues finishes as they are with no relegation. Promote the top teams from the Championship and Div 1 as it stands now and then add ur new teams to bottom league? Leagues will then have more teams like everyone wants and majority will be happy. 

Ym wouldve been doon if the season played oot, We wouldve beat them twice easy 

13 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Can see all your points mate but just feel if it goes down the null and void route the teams that were performing are the only one’s being punished, something needs to give to give these teams some sort of recognition. Lochgelly for example have done all we could ask of them this far but will not be promoted even if league reconstruction goes ahead as will be classed as a new team again, just doesn’t sit right 

I agree with you on that. But my point before with no relegation but promoting top 3 teams on average of points per game in div 1 and championship works for everyone. 7 new teams it looks like coming into set up so makes leagues bigger in everyone division like everyone wants. 

Aaron theres no team in any league who would vote for an option which didnt suit them. I understand everyones point regarding winning a league, promotion and relegation. Its pretty simple in that we need to find a solution which everyone will be happy with. Theres a solution there that i have put forward and i think you will agree it works for everyone. 

Edited by Sibby25

3 minutes ago, Sibby25 said:

I agree with you on that. But my point before with no relegation but promoting top 3 teams on average of points per game in div 1 and championship works for everyone. 7 new teams it looks like coming into set up so makes leagues bigger in everyone division like everyone wants. 

That’s the sensible option bud, we thought If there was a reconstruction then that would be the case but heard otherwise today.

25 minutes ago, Fridge said:

That’s the sensible option bud, we thought If there was a reconstruction then that would be the case but heard otherwise today.

That not alarming that they can't come up with this as an option. There will be nothing in any constitution in the world of football which has a global pandemic written in it. 

2 minutes ago, ringoryan said:

If there is 9 new teams wanting to join then just create another division for the new teams. 

Play each other 3 times, 24 league games 

Won’t happen. New teams are the ones most likely not too see out the season. So 1 or 2 fold there and it’s all gone to shit