Fife Football Forum

No football till june 10th

ya cant

A seen they were still awaiting Kincardine application and kettle still in limbo.

As to the promotion/relegation, personally a think promote teams with no relegation.  Some teams again won’t want to come up anyway. So makes sense. But.... there’s always the few that will be against it

Agreed bud, makes sense, there is always a but tho.. And if the league decides to go on the average points and make the league champions then every team won’t have complaints surely.....Hopefully it’s all sorted out and everyone knows where they stand and we can hopefully look forward to next season. If and when that might be. 

Edited by Bombscare

Hearing Nicola sturgeon on the TV there, looks like social distancing will be a part of life for the rest of the year and maybe beyond. 

Ya Cants point earlier about 18 boys in each changing room will not conform with guidelines if it's made mandatory.

Were unlikely to see any football until well into next year I think. 

Hope I'm wrong

8 hours ago, Bombscare said:

Agreed bud, makes sense, there is always a but tho.. And if the league decides to go on the average points and make the league champions then every team won’t have complaints surely.....Hopefully it’s all sorted out and everyone knows where they stand and we can hopefully look forward to next season. If and when that might be. 

If they go down the average points road, I think you would have to include relegation. 

18 minutes ago, St Wedgy said:

If they go down the average points road, I think you would have to include relegation. 

With 7 new teams joining and 1 team folding, surely a restructuring would be the way forward. Zero relegation for 1 season and promote 3/4 from each league.. (if they want to come up that is)

20 hours ago, ya cant said:

Theres teams played 20 league games and others only played 12

and you want to relegate and make champions 

very sporting indeed 

Only giving an opinion, I don't see an issue with it! I also like a few of the other ideas guys have suggested...

Regarding teams having played 12 games and teams played 20 games,  when you look at the teams in the key league positions, there is not that big a gap in games! Take Premier League for example, only 1 team played 20 games, think 9 out of 12 teams have played between 12 and 14 games, so no big deal for me, with 9th and 10th placed teams having 2 games in hand each over bottom 2 teams... and at the other end Leven look to have a comfortable lead at the top, with top 4 teams all playing all but 1 the same amount of games!!

Again given circumstances at the moment, I am sure the league committee will get this sorted out ASAP, as it is highly unlikely any football will be played anytime soon!

It seems completely obvious that we should acknowledge there will be no more football played in the 2019/20 season.

The only discussion required is over whether to award the league winners medals and then focus on how to prepare the leagues for the new season, whenever it’ll be allowed to begin.

Waiting and being indecisive on this current season will simply hinder the clubs and the league committee’s preparation for the new season ahead. I just personally feel that one interrupted season is enough, instead of hindering two.

14 hours ago, izod said:

Only giving an opinion, I don't see an issue with it! I also like a few of the other ideas guys have suggested...

Regarding teams having played 12 games and teams played 20 games,  when you look at the teams in the key league positions, there is not that big a gap in games! Take Premier League for example, only 1 team played 20 games, think 9 out of 12 teams have played between 12 and 14 games, so no big deal for me, with 9th and 10th placed teams having 2 games in hand each over bottom 2 teams... and at the other end Leven look to have a comfortable lead at the top, with top 4 teams all playing all but 1 the same amount of games!!

Again given circumstances at the moment, I am sure the league committee will get this sorted out ASAP, as it is highly unlikely any football will be played anytime soon!

The problem I see with this is the way the fixtures have been completed. There is no structure, Leven might have played the teams in the lower half of the league twice already and still have to play the teams in the top half. This has been the problem for years. 

Knowing the Leven Committee if they are Awarded the League title, it’ll be Excepted,but Not Celebrated like they completed all the Fixtures,in the Position all the League’s are in at this moment I’m sure they would all be the same,the league structures could change and that would save any Relegation Issues,because in my Opinion that would be Harsh.

On 4/24/2020 at 11:21 AM, St Wedgy said:

The problem I see with this is the way the fixtures have been completed. There is no structure, Leven might have played the teams in the lower half of the league twice already and still have to play the teams in the top half. This has been the problem for years. 

Think everyone involved in Fife football would agree that we should play each team once before playing any return games. Too many folk are always complaining about playing a team twice before they’ve played other teams once. Don’t fancy being in fixture Secretary’s shoes but maybe needs looked at.