Fife Football Forum

Teams buying players at amateur level

2 hours ago, DB Keeper said:

Gone on for years everyone knows it. Played against Hurlford in the Scottish years ago and there centre forward was boasting about how much he was getting per goal. 

Craigshill boasted about it few years back anaw the same year they got to final a think , beat us in 4th round wee Swanny meant to go sign for livi but stayed Ammie . All bragging bout getting so much if they made final . 

Mind its all about equality Sheikh so diversify wi sum of that Lynx Africa.... Especially now you're no gonna be getting any Aussie Miracle in next season....

Anyway FCUK Cupar (Shoulda been relegated) . They'll win NOWT.

Bowhill back wi a bang next year and Leven and GPR up there too so they might get a Europa league spot....

So has any player told you they’re getting money? And you won’t say what club? 

or are you just making a statement that it could happen?

You see this a lot. No money changes hands, It just takes one player to join and a lot follow. Good managers and good set ups will attract people. 

I’m happy for any club who attracts good players. 

11 hours ago, Pep said:

So has any player told you they’re getting money? And you won’t say what club? 

or are you just making a statement that it could happen?

You see this a lot. No money changes hands, It just takes one player to join and a lot follow. Good managers and good set ups will attract people. 

I’m happy for any club who attracts good players. 

A player has told me what he got offered and also what other players were getting roughly as a signing on fee. 

I remember having some tremendous rammies on here about this very same topic in about 2009 with the Burtisland Sniper and a few other guys. In those days you could get a 10 page all out square go started no bother. Brilliant memories! :D 

Amateur clubs would need to be turning over some amount of coin to even contemplate expenses let alone wages. Unless they had a sugar daddy. Makes ye wonder. :rolleyes: