Fife Football Forum

Squad size and age

Afterall

On 7/14/2020 at 4:20 PM, boy"z" said:

Is it true there thinking of going to 7 subs on a Saturday amateur?

I said this last year, I think it’d help keep boys happy. That was the worst thing about managing was letting down players Saturday lunchtime. 
Boys join a team to enjoy playing football on a Saturday afternoon. (Non payment) To tell them there no getting a strip I felt was brutal!  

Hope it’s true.. The law has been temporarily changed for the use of subs in the top leagues where you can use 5 subs now but only allowed a maximum of 3 opportunities to make them so it doesn’t break up the play as much. Could look to go down that kind of route also if increased to 7 subs. 

On 7/14/2020 at 4:20 PM, boy"z" said:

Is it true there thinking of going to 7 subs on a Saturday amateur?

Lochgelly united has proposed being able to name 7 subs but still use 5 prior to the AGM and the feeedback we got regards the 7 subs was that it was an SAFA rule and not a local rule! Felt like it made it easier to keep the whole squad involved! Interesting to see how many premier league players who didn’t look as fit and sharp after their extended break and short pre season prior to games coming back, can only imagine we may be in the same boat in the amateur game