Fife Football Forum

Rumours

ya cant

Heard today that a player playing in kofafa has tested positive for covid 

first of all if true a hope the guy is ok and gets well soon 

whats meant to happen if he has played on the same pitch with other lads .. who gets in touch with all the people involved in the matches hes played 

very worrying if this is true as it will shut the game down 

hope its just rumours but if someone knows they need to let us know whats happening 

A game getting called off due to a player getting Covid is not going to get the football called off. 

Nobody thought this wouldn’t happen. Its why we have all these new guidelines to minimise risk. 

Anyway, I’ve been told a positive test was confirmed and the game was able to be called off in time. Moving on. 

Edited by ...

26 minutes ago, BojanK said:

Track and trace. Why you do paperwork. 

hope everyone’s okay. Move on. 

Ammy football not invincible to Covid. Reason we get to play, for now, is we have guidelines and tracing procedure in place. 

I knew this would happen, and it will happen again, and the knee jerk reactions will no doubt happen again too. 

Just now, ya cant said:

So you can come in contact with someone who tests positive and no one will contact you 

everyone on the pitch should go for a test surely 

No kincardine had a player positive 3 weeks ago. He had trained twice in the week before positive result came through from his work test(showed no symptoms). Two boys who had travelled with him in car had to isolate . Other players got tested off own back (all negative) but track and trace said they don’t have to isolate as weren’t within 1.5 meters for 15 mins straight. 

11 minutes ago, ya cant said:

That doesnt sit right with me mate 

in 90 mins how the fackk do they know 

what about the guy he was playing against 

What do u think happens when a child tests positive. Do all children in the class need tested- No , They will only need tested if they start to develop symptoms so its the same at the fitbaw. The show must go on. 

8 minutes ago, boy"z" said:

What do u think happens when a child tests positive. Do all children in the class need tested- No , They will only need tested if they start to develop symptoms so its the same at the fitbaw. The show must go on. 

A pupil tested positive at queen anne and the class had to self isolate and the pupils who travelled home on the bus also had to self isolate 

a take it the virus can tell the time now ? 
you have 1 minute to get away from me as thats 14 mins youve been here 

1 hour ago, ya cant said:

A pupil tested positive at queen anne and the class had to self isolate and the pupils who travelled home on the bus also had to self isolate 

a take it the virus can tell the time now ? 
you have 1 minute to get away from me as thats 14 mins youve 

Only the child and household need to self isolate, anyone else doesn't until they start to develop symptoms from what I have read and been told but every case is different. If anyone gets it at my work, staff or customers, the whole work force doesn't stop and the place remains open unless there's a big outbreak.

8 hours ago, ya cant said:

That doesnt sit right with me mate 

in 90 mins how the fackk do they know 

what about the guy he was playing against 

Because they do studies. So they know in the average football match its unlikely that 2 players will spend 15 minutes in direct contact. Its not a guessing game.