Fife Football Forum

1st Division Conference B

Been working in Perth this morning again so made the short trip along the road to see for myself just how unlucky one team can be. I’m hearing all games in Fife have been wiped out today and only a handful of conference matches have survived so will bring you updates from my excellent vantage point throughout the day.

On 12/5/2020 at 3:12 PM, Weshallnotbemoved said:

Full time Luncarty 1 Glenrothes 2 

Blair Smart with the winning goal in the 91st minute.

Chuffed for Blair, one of the games good guys. Water-Pistol-Pete must have been preparing Kevs “work commitments” announcement before that went in. Wonder strike or a lucky deflection?

55 minutes ago, Go Daddy said:

Wonder strike or a lucky deflection?

Header from a corner, unmarked at the back post,  To tell you the truth I was just about to get into the car at the opposite end and couldn’t quite see who got on the end of it until he reeled away to the corner flag, mobbed by his teams celebrating like they’d just won the champions league.

Groundhoppers report

Luncarty 1 Glenrothes 2

The law of averages suggested Glens were due a win but very few would have predicted it coming away to the league leaders. Can’t comment on the first half as got the kick off time completely wrong but on the evidence of what I saw of the remainder of the game, although slightly fortuitous in the end this was a deserved win. Luncarty were taking centre just as I arrived but not as I thought to kick off the game but because Carstairs had just given the Glens an early second half lead from a cleverly taken free kick. Muzz stood out like a sore thumb for the remainder of the game, totally bossing it in the air and on the ground as Luncarty looked for an equaliser. At this stage it was very difficult to differentiate between the team languishing in 10th place and the team in 1st. It soon became evident though as several good opportunities were wasted when the ball landed at the feet of Rusty. Luncarty got back into the game from the spot and you could just hear the cries (of “ just our luck” from the co managers) as they went in search of the winner. Having shown the Glens far too much respect earlier they now had the bit between their teeth and there looked like only one possible outcome. With their backs to the wall and some last ditch defending the Glens got the ball up the other end and won a corner. What looked to be a waste from where I was standing was then lunged at and met with the head from a red jersey at the back post and somehow managed to scramble over the line. Their luck has finally turned, there will be no stopping them now.

• 7 months later...
On 7/29/2021 at 11:24 AM, BojanK said:

Good start to the league campaign from Glens, 7 from 3 games, win the game in hand go joint top. 

long season and you can’t win it this early… can lose it though. 

I’ll let the others make up their own mind whether this was yet another feeble attempt by you at trolling me, or if overnight you’ve got caught up with the hysteria from the gullible Glens family following a win on the opening day against  the whipping boys of Scottish football and are now their number one fan. 

Nevertheless I decided to take a look for myself at this title chasing side (who but for refs antagonising their players would already be top) yesterday.

Arrived nice and early due to the new track and trace procedures but the only social distancing I witnessed once inside the stadium was the “joint managers” on the touch line.

The game itself for me can only be described as awful. Got to be the worst Glens team assembled ever ( and I have been following football for over 40 years) so will be interesting to hear your views on your new found love Bojan.

1 hour ago, Go Daddy said:

I’ll let the others make up their own mind whether this was yet another feeble attempt by you at trolling me, or if overnight you’ve got caught up with the hysteria from the gullible Glens family following a win on the opening day against  the whipping boys of Scottish football and are now their number one fan. 

Nevertheless I decided to take a look for myself at this title chasing side (who but for refs antagonising their players would already be top) yesterday.

Arrived nice and early due to the new track and trace procedures but the only social distancing I witnessed once inside the stadium was the “joint managers” on the touch line.

The game itself for me can only be described as awful. Got to be the worst Glens team assembled ever ( and I have been following football for over 40 years) so will be interesting to hear your views on your new found love Bojan.

Nah just played with them years ago and enjoy them doing well for a few of the older boys I enjoyed a chat with post games. 

you’re no that important.