Fife Football Forum

KFAFA FIXTURES through Nov 7th

jimmy

1 hour ago, Lucio said:

That’s Pittenweem squad been contacted by track and trace, told to isolate till 6th November after a Kelty player we played against tested positive.

I can only speak for myself but I certainly won’t be playing again until things have calmed down with all this, I can’t afford to take weeks off work over head of a game of football & I imagine the majority of our squad will feel the same.

Before anyone comes on here spouting the same pish I’ve read on here over the last few months, I’ve played football in this league for years and like nothing more than a game of football but when it comes to people’s livelihood’s then it’s a simple no ta.

Don't blame you bud least you've had a game ! I can't travel over to fife as I'm in Edinburgh so have missed every game so far and probably my place lol. Just my opinion but i don't think we should be playing until things go back to normal. The whole thing is ludacris 

5 hours ago, DB Keeper said:

Don't blame you bud least you've had a game ! I can't travel over to fife as I'm in Edinburgh so have missed every game so far and probably my place lol. Just my opinion but i don't think we should be playing until things go back to normal. The whole thing is ludacris 

I wouldn’t worry about it mate, there’s more to life than amateur football. That famous cap of your’s still has a few seasons in it yet.

We as a club voted against starting back as we all felt that it was too soon to be starting back in the current climate. Don’t get me wrong, nobody has forced us to play and it was all our own choice. In hindsight had we known how easily we could be caught up in all this like we have yesterday by track & trace then there is no way I would have certainly played & I would imagine the same would be with rest of squad.
But bottom line is that we had a choice to play or not, we did play and are now being punished by not being allowed out to work for a week  over a game of amateur football.

Pete Muir got vilified on here for saying this would happen but he’s been bang on.

People saying that they need amateur for mental health reasons might want to think about their mental wellbeing after they have been told they can’t get out to earn money and pay mortgages.

I noticed there have been a few games called off with similar situation over the last few weeks, I assume they have all had same scenario we have faced & has call from track and trace?

At end of day there is no finger pointing, i am just furious that I’ve now to take 7 days off my work over the head of all this.

9 hours ago, Lucio said:

That’s Pittenweem squad been contacted by track and trace, told to isolate till 6th November after a Kelty player we played against tested positive.

I can only speak for myself but I certainly won’t be playing again until things have calmed down with all this, I can’t afford to take weeks off work over head of a game of football & I imagine the majority of our squad will feel the same.

Before anyone comes on here spouting the same pish I’ve read on here over the last few months, I’ve played football in this league for years and like nothing more than a game of football but when it comes to people’s livelihood’s then it’s a simple no ta.

the difference in what other teams have been told to do with track and trace is the big thing for me. When kincardine has a player test positive pre season  it was only the player and the two boys who traveled  with him that had to isolate. Due to it being outside the chance of transmission was very low and nobody else was required to do anything.

3 hours ago, Lucio said:

I wouldn’t worry about it mate, there’s more to life than amateur football. That famous cap of your’s still has a few seasons in it yet.

We as a club voted against starting back as we all felt that it was too soon to be starting back in the current climate. Don’t get me wrong, nobody has forced us to play and it was all our own choice. In hindsight had we known how easily we could be caught up in all this like we have yesterday by track & trace then there is no way I would have certainly played & I would imagine the same would be with rest of squad.
But bottom line is that we had a choice to play or not, we did play and are now being punished by not being allowed out to work for a week  over a game of amateur football.

Pete Muir got vilified on here for saying this would happen but he’s been bang on.

People saying that they need amateur for mental health reasons might want to think about their mental wellbeing after they have been told they can’t get out to earn money and pay mortgages.

I noticed there have been a few games called off with similar situation over the last few weeks, I assume they have all had same scenario we have faced & has call from track and trace?

At end of day there is no finger pointing, i am just furious that I’ve now to take 7 days off my work over the head of all this.

Hope you are ok pal 

yip it aint worth it when it hurts you in the pocket , especially with peoples livelihoods at stake 

stay safe should be everyones priority just now . 

I’m fine, just fucked off with it all to be honest.

At end of day it was our choice to play so no finger of blame can be pointed. But it won’t be happening again as we will certainly not be putting ourselves in that position of risk, well I certainly won’t anyway. Can’t afford to, not until it’s safe to do so and this track & trace has eased off. 

pittenweem v muchty now off as above . fixture now cupar hearts v muchty. asked fixture sec how many players had to be stopped from traveling before team could get game off or what happens if teams dont want to play during new restrictions.told how big is your squad and where players travelling from, squad could have 25 boys but might only be 14 available on a saturday because of work illness etc and then 4 cant travel , so no real answer. if clubs dont want to play will be deemed to have taking year out and would start in bottom league next season was answer to my other question. thoughts guys 

7 minutes ago, sirboss said:

pittenweem v muchty now off as above . fixture now cupar hearts v muchty. asked fixture sec how many players had to be stopped from traveling before team could get game off or what happens if teams dont want to play during new restrictions.told how big is your squad and where players travelling from, squad could have 25 boys but might only be 14 available on a saturday because of work illness etc and then 4 cant travel , so no real answer. if clubs dont want to play will be deemed to have taking year out and would start in bottom league next season was answer to my other question. thoughts guys 

It’s a slippery slope. 

technically 4 from 25 can’t travel... will end up with teams sacking games because their top scorer is out and using this excuse.

6 hours ago, Lucio said:

Its like you say though, everyone had the choice to play at the start and same goes for now. Nobody likes to see games called off/people asked to isolate but I think its fair to say everyone knew what the deal was when restarting football. If you were in, you knew this season was going to be very stop/start. I personally know guys who have refused to play until things settle for the exact same reasons you’ve said re. working, so I 100% support that. 

But I honestly think restarting grassroot sport was, and still is, the right decision. If boys want to play, let them play. Im probably bias because I do a lot of work with grassroots football and honestly the months between March-July without it were very difficult, more for the boys missing out. 

But honestly, if boys/teams dont wanna play because of work/family concerns then I fully support them. Nobody should be forced to play. The track & trace/isolation thing also seems very inconsistent for me, which is a shame, because like you say, boys have bills to pay. 

Stay safe mate & all the best. 

I was against restarting the league and I genuinely thought I would have been in the majority but that clearly wasn’t the case when the league voted. I agree it was a choice for myself and the rest of the Pittenweem side to continue to play but let’s not act like it was choice without any consequences. Play = risk self isolation and time off work versus, don’t play = expulsion from the league. If anyone can prove that this wasn’t the case then I’m all ears. 

35 minutes ago, Lucio said:

Would I be right in saying that a Kennoway player tested positive too? In that case are Muchty boys having to isolate?

Muchty just posted a fixture change and they are now playing Cupar so doesn’t look like they are having to isolate 

57 minutes ago, Lucio said:

Would I be right in saying that a Kennoway player tested positive too? In that case are Muchty boys having to isolate?

Its a shambles mate 

track and trace 

no one knows whats the right way to go ahead 

should have been leadership from the top

too many grey areas , we lumphinnans have had 2 home games and twice we have been pulled up for our subs leaving the bubble area when they come of the pitch 

these guys have been competing in a game in rain wind and sweating ... protocol says they cant leave the bubble till match has ended . 

a could bet 90% of teams subs come of the pitch and leave the bubble 

At Scotia, we’ve had last weeks game called off v GPR due to Covid then this weeks game v Kennoway now called off too. Now Muchty and Cupar have been affected too. Fixture secretary decides to pair them up despite Cupar already playing 4 games, when we’ve only played 2? Oh and who are we scheduled to play next week?? Kelty who have just went into quarantine too:banghead: Wouldn’t fancy Tommy Doyle’s job at best of times, but gonna be a busy man this season. 

7 minutes ago, Shiekh said:

At Scotia, we’ve had last weeks game called off v GPR due to Covid then this weeks game v Kennoway now called off too. Now Muchty and Cupar have been affected too. Fixture secretary decides to pair them up despite Cupar already playing 4 games, when we’ve only played 2? Oh and who are we scheduled to play next week?? Kelty who have just went into quarantine too:banghead: Wouldn’t fancy Tommy Doyle’s job at best of times, but gonna be a busy man this season. 

There is going to be plenty time to finish the season IF it continues. A understand your bothered you missed 2 games which is 2 weeks. What about the boys who are isolating on sick pay for 2 weeks? Amateur Football is the last thing on peoples minds when they are either self employed or having a family to provide for.  A hope everyone affected and in isolation are safe and well. 

22 minutes ago, Bombscare said:

There is going to be plenty time to finish the season IF it continues. A understand your bothered you missed 2 games which is 2 weeks. What about the boys who are isolating on sick pay for 2 weeks? Amateur Football is the last thing on peoples minds when they are either self employed or having a family to provide for.  A hope everyone affected and in isolation are safe and well. 

Aye I get that Bomber, I’m self employed myself and no digging anybody out as it could easily happen to us pal. Just frustrating training all week wi nae game. Defo gonna keep happening aw season, so we’ll just need to put up with it unfortunately.