Fife Football Forum

KFAFA FIXTURES through Nov 7th

jimmy

13 hours ago, Lucio said:

I wouldn’t worry about it mate, there’s more to life than amateur football. That famous cap of your’s still has a few seasons in it yet.

We as a club voted against starting back as we all felt that it was too soon to be starting back in the current climate. Don’t get me wrong, nobody has forced us to play and it was all our own choice. In hindsight had we known how easily we could be caught up in all this like we have yesterday by track & trace then there is no way I would have certainly played & I would imagine the same would be with rest of squad.
But bottom line is that we had a choice to play or not, we did play and are now being punished by not being allowed out to work for a week  over a game of amateur football.

Pete Muir got vilified on here for saying this would happen but he’s been bang on.

People saying that they need amateur for mental health reasons might want to think about their mental wellbeing after they have been told they can’t get out to earn money and pay mortgages.

I noticed there have been a few games called off with similar situation over the last few weeks, I assume they have all had same scenario we have faced & has call from track and trace?

At end of day there is no finger pointing, i am just furious that I’ve now to take 7 days off my work over the head of all this.

Baz’s cap is legendary