Fife Football Forum

Level 3

ya cant

29 minutes ago, Lucio said:

I don’t know if this is a dig at us Colin but I can assure you that we are certainly not happy with the current situation. Regardless of what tier we were in going to be in, there was no chance of us playing the next few weeks. We as a squad and club have no interest in going through what we went through last week, not worth it.

Show me anyone else that would be daft enough to risk another isolation 2 weeks after they have  just been through one.

We all love playing football but not that much....

Exactly mate 

33 minutes ago, Lucio said:

I don’t know if this is a dig at us Colin but I can assure you that we are certainly not happy with the current situation. Regardless of what tier we were in going to be in, there was no chance of us playing the next few weeks. We as a squad and club have no interest in going through what we went through last week, not worth it.

Show me anyone else that would be daft enough to risk another isolation 2 weeks after they have  just been through one.

We all love playing football but not that much....

As I said at last night's meeting, if teams want to take a 4 week break then that's fine but let those clubs that are happy to play continue rather than proposing the whole league is postponed as Pittenweem and Kelty did. 

12 minutes ago, Berti said:

As I said at last night's meeting, if teams want to take a 4 week break then that's fine but let those clubs that are happy to play continue rather than proposing the whole league is postponed as Pittenweem and Kelty did. 

What would you be suggesting if you were in our shoes then Colin? 
F*** the mortgages and bills, we have the premier division cup to play for...........

Edited by Lucio

1 minute ago, Lucio said:

What would you be suggesting if you were in our shoes then Colin? 
F*** the mortgages and bills, we have the premier division cup to play for...........

Not at all Neil. My suggestion was as above. No one is forced to play football but there are many clubs and players happy to continue so therefore in my opinion give teams that do not want to play the option to take a break and those that want to play are then able to continue.

I understand pittenweem and keltys position on this due to no wages and I would maybe be in the same mind set if I was self employed just incase it happened again especially coming up to Xmas. Has any other teams apart from our league been in the same scenario in Scotland?? 

1 hour ago, SMS said:

I just hope none of you receive the phone call I've just just received and then have the job of informing 13 boys they have to isolate for two weeks.

You shouldn’t have to do that. That’s up to track and trace so it’s noted down. Is this from a game or training? 

3 minutes ago, twoandahalf said:

You shouldn’t have to do that. That’s up to track and trace so it’s noted down. Is this from a game or training? 

One of our players from Saturday woke up feelin unwell on Sunday. Got a test and came back positive. 

They say your infectious 2 days prior to showing symptoms. So as a result it effects our game v st monans. 

Track and trace telling us. If you are in very close contact. I.e football all you need is 30 seconds exposure to potentially get the virus

14 minutes ago, kinch said:

One of our players from Saturday woke up feelin unwell on Sunday. Got a test and came back positive. 

They say your infectious 2 days prior to showing symptoms. So as a result it effects our game v st monans. 

Track and trace telling us. If you are in very close contact. I.e football all you need is 30 seconds exposure to potentially get the virus

See that goes against what we were told from them. Definitely a minefield when see this happening. Haven’t heard or seen anything similar for east/junior teams yet.

16 minutes ago, kinch said:

Test and trace advice is consistent. The issue comes when boys go and get a test on a Sunday or Monday after a game. As they look back 48 hours. Only the boys know the situation on a Saturday but it's happened a few times where boys have played then got tested the Sunday. Folk have no idea they've got virus so it's a crazy situation.