Fife Football Forum

Football re starting????

Mariner

4 hours ago, boy"z" said:

Aye , I cant see anything changing in the near future but hopefully it will at some point for summer football. EOS teams are playing. Amateur players are now playing for these teams with exact same protocols that amateur teams had before it was stopped.  

Totally agree pal 

eos playing and amateur isnt is the biggest piss up 

both should be stopped from playing until it is safe to do so .... 

18 hours ago, twoandahalf said:

Tell me about it. Never going to get the chance for it again imo it would be perfect timing. Would get the full season and local Cups done too. I know there is lots of pros and cons for It  but I think the pros far outweigh the cons. 

If the league wants this season to be completed the chances are the prospect of summer football is simply going to have to be something they are going to have to consider. 

A restart in March with *only* league games would probably leave plenty of time to get leagues completed without eating too much into summer. Imo its a no brainer, but I look forward to common sense being avoided as usual. 

4 hours ago, ya cant said:

What happens to all these players that are playing eos 

do you think they are going to go back and play amateur ? 

what if they dont and some teams cant field a team cause there is a few who have left amaies to play in eos leagues 

What happens to the EOS players who started the season at these clubs, for whatever reason aren't playing now and have been replaced by ammies?  They'll probably filter back into ammies to it will probably even out to a degree.  I can't see EOS carrying huge squads so one way or another their will be natural wastage from their squads.

1 hour ago, Foss said:

What happens to the EOS players who started the season at these clubs, for whatever reason aren't playing now and have been replaced by ammies?  They'll probably filter back into ammies to it will probably even out to a degree.  I can't see EOS carrying huge squads so one way or another their will be natural wastage from their squads.

Depends what contract they sign 

On 12/22/2020 at 9:29 AM, boy"z" said:

Definately not great news but even come end of march if games can be played theres plenty time to finish the season, even if it goes into the summer months. 

That’s if the council will allow you to book parks during the summer,they haven’t in the past.

Just catching up on all the news about the shutdown of amateur football, I take it there is no word of any start up again?

If not then imo, it looks like the best way forward might be to just cancel this season, and get a fresh start next season, if a restart date is March then it just gives clubs and league committee a headache trying to complete a league, with summer parks only available to some etc! Also only leaves a few clubs with anything to really play for, so clubs could struggle to keep boys interested, if no cups get played and also a lot of midweeks to arrange, which for most is a hassle anyway for clubs, then if players have only been doing non contact training, plus no games being played then its a longer break than end of season, so would a pre-season be required, in order to look after your players!

Can only be a positive that some players are getting the opportunity to go and play in the East of Scotland set up, will give these players great experience as there is some excellent set ups and clubs involved... I'm sure no amateur club will stand in any of their player way if they choose to make the step up, and test themselves at a higher level.

I'm sure if there is players make the move up, then obviously there will be other players become available to amateur clubs, as someone pointed out previously!

So I take it now that we're in Tier 4 no travelling to training allowed (essential travel only) leisure centres shut and no sign of games being restarted seeing as if and when we move from Tier 4 we'll move to Tier 3 which will still mean no games. I suppose the challenge will be if council run pitches etc will stay up and be maintained etc if we go into summer Going to be interesting   

1 hour ago, Mariner said:

So I take it now that we're in Tier 4 no travelling to training allowed (essential travel only) leisure centres shut and no sign of games being restarted seeing as if and when we move from Tier 4 we'll move to Tier 3 which will still mean no games. I suppose the challenge will be if council run pitches etc will stay up and be maintained etc if we go into summer Going to be interesting   

Could go from tier 4 to tier 2. Up north went from tier 1 to tier 4. I cant see them doing that but you never know. Training (non contact) is still allowed and travel still allowed within your region

36 minutes ago, Mariner said:

According to the Govt broadcast travel is for essential needs only ie work to care for someone and for essential shopping......and training????

local outdoor informal exercise such as walking, cycling, golf, or running (in groups of up to 6 people, plus any children under 12, from no more than 2 households) that starts and finishes at the same place (which can be up to 5 miles from the boundary of your local authority area)

Then if you look at the guidlines from safa training is permitted.