Fife Football Forum

Football re starting????

Mariner

On 29/01/2021 at 3:31 PM, Rigano21 said:

Looking at starting back early march with training restarting around 14 February 

Doubt that, schools not going back until after 22nd Feb and only youngest kids. Football will be way behind as priority is getting kids back to school safely and they won't risk anything stopping that. 

3 hours ago, DBCB said:

What would everyone prefer. Finish the stop and start season between now and September. Or null and void, and start again in June with a longer season and play all the cups?

Was said that if season was to continue in April it would be finished by end June don’t see a problem with that if possible. Then your new season can start August as normal. Doubt any teams will be wanting a break this year. 

22 hours ago, twoandahalf said:

Was said that if season was to continue in April it would be finished by end June don’t see a problem with that if possible. Then your new season can start August as normal. Doubt any teams will be wanting a break this year. 

This will happen at our level as well 

http://slfl.co.uk/scottish-lowlands-development-league-will-not-start/

59 minutes ago, ya cant said:

They never got started, unlike us who managed to get several fixtures in. 

Although if you asked me now what I think will happen, I think it’ll only be friendlies through summer, and league scrapped. 

2 hours ago, twoandahalf said:

Would be pointless months of friendlies when we could be playing meaningful games. 

I agree, its just how I see things panning out. 

Think of bottom league with teams from outside Fife, not 100% confident that rule will be lifted come April. 

7 minutes ago, ya cant said:

Even after everyone is vaccinated there will still be restrictions 

they reckon may june before everyone is vaccinated 

Think its time we make a decision to call the season over and look forward to start the season 21/22 in august 

No need to tell people football will be off until August. We trained with contact at the peak of summer last year with no vaccine and it was fine. This summer we will have vaccines rolling out as the year progresses.

No reason at all to suggest we cant have football before August when we did it under worse circumstances last year. 

10 hours ago, twoandahalf said:

There  is still 8 weeks till the season needs to restart to finish the current season in its format . No need to be doing anything just now untill we revert back Into tiers once this current lockdown has ended in 3 weeks. 

Totally agree. Considering cases are now at the level they were in sept/oct with another 3 weeks of lockdown to go and the vaccine rollout i reckon we will get started in April again with the same restrictions in place as previous.