Fife Football Forum

Football re starting????

Mariner

2 hours ago, ya cant said:

this is for the pro game 

cant see amateur being back anytime soon 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/suspension-of-football-update-9-february/?rid=13929

Again, this is only saying they cant return before March. 

No point writing anything off yet when things are only going to improve numbers wise over the next 3/4 weeks. 

59 minutes ago, DBCB said:

April restart very unlikely if League 1 & 2 won’t be back (even with testing) anytime soon. Null & Void, start again May/June, have a winter break and play all the cups 

L1/2 only told they cant return right now as hoped. March the earliest for them, who knows where we’ll be a whole month after that. 

March is a date to look at it again ....so if they say they will look at it again on march the 30th 

this means its done as they will have to start training for 3 or 4 weeks and this is the professional game ? 

amateurs are gone imo and no chance we will be back after 5 to 6 months out without kicking a ball 

time to call it over and try and get the 21/22 season to kick off in august 

1 hour ago, ya cant said:

March is a date to look at it again ....so if they say they will look at it again on march the 30th 

this means its done as they will have to start training for 3 or 4 weeks and this is the professional game ? 

amateurs are gone imo and no chance we will be back after 5 to 6 months out without kicking a ball 

time to call it over and try and get the 21/22 season to kick off in august 

We’re not waiting until August to play football. 

We trained, with contact, all summer last year and could have played. That was with no help from vaccines. 

The way things are going playing outdoor sports will be back in the spring, telling lads or kids to wait until August to play football with their mates is a total non starter. Not when you know for a fact pubs will be open the moment they can be. Football will be back, long before August. 

7 minutes ago, ... said:

We’re not waiting until August to play football. 

We trained, with contact, all summer last year and could have played. That was with no help from vaccines. 

The way things are going playing outdoor sports will be back in the spring, telling lads or kids to wait until August to play football with their mates is a total non starter. Not when you know for a fact pubs will be open the moment they can be. Football will be back, long before August. 

We had over 70 players self isolating in october from the league 

you want to run the risk of this happening again ? 

i dont think many people will 

10 hours ago, ya cant said:

We had over 70 players self isolating in october from the league 

you want to run the risk of this happening again ? 

i dont think many people will 

Exactly, in October, because we had to wait until then to play a bloody league game. Trained all summer when cases were low and weather was ideal, with nobody isolating & zero issues. Then tried to get a season going as winter was closing in. 

Vaccines are out now & numbers heading down. We should be smarter this year, and play during the late spring & summer. Even if its friendlies. 

14 minutes ago, Go Daddy said:

10 fixed penalties

Simple answer: Scotland’s player of the year James Tavernier steps up and nets the lot of them like he usually does. :ok:

Seriously though another story with arms and legs added, The club are currently investigating the matter and only 2 players have been named not 5. Don’t see the outcome having any real effect on lower league football.

It’s widely known the two named being fringe players Brassey and Patterson? I specifically said 5 staff as I’ve heard another 3 names, one of whom is an academy player on loan, another who is out on loan and a physio whom has been photographed at the party playing monopoly :lol::lol:

09C141E0-158E-4A67-9F8A-E71F5018B5F5.jpeg

Interesting read over the last couple of weeks guys. As a very optimistic person and glass half full kind of guy, even I can’t see us playing anytime soon. Social distancing expected to be in place till at least the autumn and before you know it, we’re doing it full circle and trying to get change outside, play games and then travel covered in gutters in temperatures than viruses cling to like flies around shite! It’s not manageable! 

As poor as it is, we are all in the same boat and can only wait in hope that the current climate takes a radical change! I sincerely hope so and would love to be involved in a game again this year but who know’s eh! To make matters worse, looks like we won’t be invading the English come June as well in the Euro’s.

Sit tight, keep safe, follow the rules and we’ll all be back abusing refs and enjoying a beer with the boys on a Saturday afternoon soon enough!! 

57 minutes ago, Jack&Victor said:

As a very optimistic person and glass half full kind of guy, even I can’t see us playing anytime soon.

Good post and a reasonable conclusion mate but when you say soon, can you be more specific. According to our resident Mr Knowall 14 weeks ago we would be back playing soon.

19 minutes ago, Go Daddy said:

Good post and a reasonable conclusion mate but when you say soon, can you be more specific. According to our resident Mr Knowall 14 weeks ago we would be back playing soon.

When I say “soon” I am hoping maybe by the summer. That would be ideal and give us something really exciting to look forward too. But again, going by the current situation, pretty doubtful eh? I know the death toll is nowhere near accurate and I am really dubious about the accuracy of people actually having Covid or Covid symptoms. 

At the end of the day, soon will never be soon enough as we are all missing what our spare time used to revolve around. Personally, I cannot wait till it’s back and I miss the football just a much as anyone but in the meantime I am being a realist and not negative. 

12 hours ago, Go Daddy said:

I’d rather be positive and try believe football will be back in late spring or summer, like I’ve been saying. 

I think that train of thought probably trumps name calling & pretending that I get information from government before anyone else, only to be proven wrong, like you were yourself. 

So yeah. I’ll keep saying what I’ve been saying, football back in late spring or summer hopefully. But its nice to know I really get under your skin so much, gives me a giggle in these tough times. Its a forum mate, in a pandemic, just relax and get over yourself a bit 

7 hours ago, ... said:

I’d rather be positive and try believe football will be back in late spring or summer, like I’ve been saying. 

I think that train of thought probably trumps name calling & pretending that I get information from government before anyone else, only to be proven wrong, like you were yourself. 

So yeah. I’ll keep saying what I’ve been saying, football back in late spring or summer hopefully. But its nice to know I really get under your skin so much, gives me a giggle in these tough times. Its a forum mate, in a pandemic, just relax and get over yourself a bit 

Oh here he comes Mr Knowall who knows F@€* all. 

Back in September on another thread there was a lot of speculation as to the effect of the virus on lower league football. Being privy to some information from a very good friend in a professional field who has to be informed well in advance of certain procedures, I posted that I was aware an announcement was imminent and in order to protect his identity merely said that it wasn’t good news. This smart a$$ took it upon himself to attack me and not the post. Utter fudd!!!

If anyone considers what followed as good news then I  admit I was proven wrong but not once have I ever pretended to “ get information from government before anyone else” So not for the first time on here he is posting untruths as he also claimed in the past to have seen something posted by me that was also a figment of his imagination. Lying fudd!!

I’d rather post information given to me by an honest person in a high ranked position than just blubber out the first thing that comes in to my head. 

I think that attitude trumps being disrespectful to other posters,( namely calling bomber daft and attacking Pedro’s posts at every opportunity...bullying fudd!!) who’s opinion differ from mine.

So yeah I’ll keep saying what I’ve been saying he’s a FUDD

1 hour ago, Go Daddy said:

Oh here he comes Mr Knowall who knows F@€* all. 

Back in September on another thread there was a lot of speculation as to the effect of the virus on lower league football. Being privy to some information from a very good friend in a professional field who has to be informed well in advance of certain procedures, I posted that I was aware an announcement was imminent and in order to protect his identity merely said that it wasn’t good news. This smart a$$ took it upon himself to attack me and not the post. Utter fudd!!!

If anyone considers what followed as good news then I  admit I was proven wrong but not once have I ever pretended to “ get information from government before anyone else” So not for the first time on here he is posting untruths as he also claimed in the past to have seen something posted by me that was also a figment of his imagination. Lying fudd!!

I’d rather post information given to me by an honest person in a high ranked position than just blubber out the first thing that comes in to my head. 

I think that attitude trumps being disrespectful to other posters,( namely calling bomber daft and attacking Pedro’s posts at every opportunity...bullying fudd!!) who’s opinion differ from mine.

So yeah I’ll keep saying what I’ve been saying he’s a FUDD

You do realise accusing someone of being a bully while repeatedly calling them names, doesn’t exactly make your case all that well. 

The user known as ‘ya cant’ and I have had disagreements about what route we should take regarding playing again, but I dont think I’ve ever just reduced myself to going after him personally, I dont know him. 

You seem a very tightly wound person who likes to brag about who you know, and didn’t like when that was challenged. So, guess thats your issue and not mine. 

I just want people back playing football again and I like to try stay on the positive side of things. If that gets you so badly wound up, then might I suggest a government approved staycation this year to help you unwind, maybe your pal in high places can approve one abroad, especially for you x

Edited by ...