Fife Football Forum

Football re starting????

Mariner

10 hours ago, ya cant said:

Leagues are over but looking to have a league cup section for teams that want to play in may/ june time on saturdays only 

random draw for group sections depending on who wants to play . 

Canny dae it. Nae goalposts for summer football I read somewhere on here. 

Great idea all the same. 

11 minutes ago, Bombscare said:

Hoped they’ve already made the move then, if not when you read this, make it happen 

Surely can’t be too difficult? I think the alternative of a group staged format for a cup to be played is an excellent idea. It will allow teams to play the cup and midweek friendlies if they wish to do so. 

Slight contradiction as to why they just can’t start the league season early but hey ho, getting back playing is the aim. 

Great preparation going in to a pre season too. I suppose teams will use it as a wee head to start to shape their squads as well! 

Any idea how many teams fancy playing in the tournament? 

3 minutes ago, Jack&Victor said:

Surely can’t be too difficult? I think the alternative of a group staged format for a cup to be played is an excellent idea. It will allow teams to play the cup and midweek friendlies if they wish to do so. 

Slight contradiction as to why they just can’t start the league season early but hey ho, getting back playing is the aim. 

Great preparation going in to a pre season too. I suppose teams will use it as a wee head to start to shape their squads as well! 

Any idea how many teams fancy playing in the tournament? 

Shouldn’t be difficult your right. God knows how many teams, will be a 50/50 split a would imagine 

In an ideal world. Get teams back into training in May, then into friendlies in June.

Start July with a new group stage cup format, participation optional, say 4 or 5 teams per group, top two teams into the next round. Split the groups regionally, so a Dunfermline group, a West Fife Group, Kirkcaldy & Glenrothes, the North. Remaining teams into a consolation cup. All group games plus knockout rounds finished for mid August 

Then First Round of the Fife - August 21st 

First Round Taylor Sullivan - August 28th 

League Cups to be played after Christmas

League Starts September 4th, maybe even 11th. The later the start, the more chance we have to adapt if things go wrong. Surely that’s something we could get behind 

At least with the proposition put forward by the league those that are against playing can sit at home watching dross on tv and let the rest of us get on with playing football rather than trying to have football stopped for all.

23 minutes ago, Berti said:

At least with the proposition put forward by the league those that are against playing can sit at home watching dross on tv and let the rest of us get on with playing football rather than trying to have football stopped for all.

Careful now. 

Positive thoughts not welcome. 

1 hour ago, Berti said:

People would rather be safe than sorry 

you wanted to keep

playing in a global pandemic ffs 

no one wanted football stopped .... people with a brain and respect wanted the right decision on staying safe ... maybe you should pop in to our nhs hospitals and see the work they do to try and save peoples lives rather than being a stupid kant and put up posts of absolute piss 

28 minutes ago, ya cant said:

People would rather be safe than sorry 

you wanted to keep

playing in a global pandemic ffs 

no one wanted football stopped .... people with a brain and respect wanted the right decision on staying safe ... maybe you should pop in to our nhs hospitals and see the work they do to try and save peoples lives rather than being a stupid kant and put up posts of absolute piss 

You can appreciate being safe & the work the NHS does, while still wanting outdoor sport to be available when it is safe to do so. Dont get why those two opinions cant mutually exist? 

17 minutes ago, ya cant said:

And i gave a genuine answer 

youve been wanting to play football all through a pandemic with actually no thought over consequences of people catching covid 

unbelievable 

I have wanted to play when safe to do so. 

I agreed with the game closing down over winter, I also agreed even with you that the league wont be finished. But what are you going to do Pete, tell us, Covid is never going away, like ever. But vaccines are here and working, better weather is on its way and the country will start to recover. But what are you gonna do, sit and wait until Covid is officially declared eliminated from planet earth? Because that aint happening chief. 

Sooner you get it through your head that life will eventually have to go on, the better. Or you can hide away from it all indefinetely. Your choice.