Fife Football Forum

Football re starting????

Mariner

well aye it would be up  to them if they want to play football or not as was the case when this season started. Players knew the risks/ protocols and that coronavirus was on the rise and there would be no changing facilities or showers. Players still wanted to play and teams fulfilled fixtures so I cant see much change in the players minds that they still want to play. The vaccine being rolled out now but the virus is not going away. There will be safety protocols in probably everything we do and everywhere  we go from now on regardless of cases. 

Just hope were in a much better position come June and we can all look forward to dedicating a saturday to play/drink pints and have some sort of social interaction after games. 

Not every player or team will want to play, that’s why a few teams requested stop, especially self employed folk until vaccinated, so we must think of them too. Listen am in the house isolating cause ma mrs has it, am wanting nothing more than to be oot training and watching boys fall over the ball so am away fi her and the bairn for a bit lol! But we have to still be sensible. A hope your right come June/July were in a much better place. Think we all need a beer and a catch up :beer2:

Looks like our resident Mr Knowall has finally given up guessing when we’ll be allowed back playing football and is now pretending to be a meteorologist. So when will this better weather that’s on its way arrive? Will it be soon, 29th March, or May/June/July ? That’s what I want to know. 

Hahahahahahaha you beat me to it, wee pal. One minute it’s positive thoughts now it’s better weather. The sooner he gets it through his head  there will be no mini tournament until there’s... 

A. A reduction in hospitalisations and deaths

B. Infection rates which don’t threaten the NHS

C. Risks don’t change due to ‘variants of concern’

D. Continued vaccine roll out success 

...the better. 

1 hour ago, Weshallnotbemoved said:

Hahahahahahaha you beat me to it, wee pal. One minute it’s positive thoughts now it’s better weather. The sooner he gets it through his head  there will be no mini tournament until there’s... 

A. A reduction in hospitalisations and deaths

B. Infection rates which don’t threaten the NHS

C. Risks don’t change due to ‘variants of concern’

D. Continued vaccine roll out success 

...the better. 

I must be due an ungodly amount of rent for living in both your heads by now. 

13 hours ago, ... said:

Fixtures for this cup been released? 

Not as yet. If government guidance allows it will start in May, 9 Saturdays and 9 Tuesdays for the fixtures. 18 games in total possibly. Something positive to look forward to. Pubs back open then to so hopefully sponsors will see some income thru the doors to. 

30 minutes ago, boy"z" said:

Not as yet. If government guidance allows it will start in May, 9 Saturdays and 9 Tuesdays for the fixtures. 18 games in total possibly. Something positive to look forward to. Pubs back open then to so hopefully sponsors will see some income thru the doors to. 

Presume YaCunt had a change of heart or his club did not heed his advice as I see they are in it.

58 minutes ago, boy"z" said:

Suppose just have to stay positive and hope we can have that to look forward to. I presume though the league or SAFA is pushing for at least non contact training in April? A lot to ask of teams and their set ups to dive straight into 18 games over 2 months under current circumstances. 

17 minutes ago, ... said:

Suppose just have to stay positive and hope we can have that to look forward to. I presume though the league or SAFA is pushing for at least non contact training in April? A lot to ask of teams and their set ups to dive straight into 18 games over 2 months under current circumstances. 

there will be 3/4 weeks contact training at least before wee move into games, hope this answers your question pal 

4 hours ago, boy"z" said:

Dream on Mr Boylan