Fife Football Forum

Football re starting????

Mariner

32 minutes ago, ... said:

Well we are allowed to play contact sport on that date, so guess its up to the SFA. 

We will need a few weeks contact training, possession/small sided games. The now we’re limited. That’s also saying the council will leave the parks open June and July. 

16 minutes ago, Bombscare said:

We will need a few weeks contact training, possession/small sided games. The now we’re limited. That’s also saying the council will leave the parks open June and July. 

Well its March right now, so who knows come May 17th. 

Have to wait and see what SFA/Government agree on. 

1 hour ago, Bombscare said:

I wouldn't say it's essential to get some contact training prior to games as everyone would be in the same position so no advantages or disadvantages. 

Hopefully common sense prevails though and the date is brought forward. 

11 hours ago, Berti said:

I wouldn't say it's essential to get some contact training prior to games as everyone would be in the same position so no advantages or disadvantages. 

Hopefully common sense prevails though and the date is brought forward. 

I disagree, that’s when injuries or serious injuries come into it mate. Your asking boys to do different kind of running they haven’t done since mid December. Right now we’re limited ie running/passing/ dribbling and shooting. Well, some teams will be following the rules. 

Edited by Bombscare

33 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

just play each other once 

Wouldn’t need  can manage with playing beach other twice if start on may 22nd that gives 11 match days which is just enough with teams playing twice a week. 

11 minutes ago, Bombscare said:

Find out the night after the meeting what the plan is. But we need contact training and friendlies before competitive games 

Other associations and leagues are starting games 22nd that gives teams from 17th so some contact training or a friendlies that week should be sufficient enough to get the cup started as quickly as possible imo.

2 minutes ago, twoandahalf said:

Other associations and leagues are starting games 22nd that gives teams from 17th so some contact training or a friendlies that week should be sufficient enough to get the cup started as quickly as possible imo.

I want stuff back asap, but I would probably have to say that only 1 week of contact stuff wont cut it. 

SAFA are going to have to push for contact stuff before the 17th imo. Dont see why it cant happen sooner than that date.