Fife Football Forum

Football re starting????

Mariner

17 minutes ago, boy"z" said:

I imagine they might be thinking that if the tiers come back into place from the 26th we will be in tier 2 where contact sports can start.

Aye that’s it there is an update on the 5th April which could confirm and earlier start. 

19 minutes ago, boy"z" said:

I imagine they might be thinking that if the tiers come back into place from the 26th we will be in tier 2 where contact sports can start.

All of mainland Scotland is going into level 3 on the 26th. Sturgeons already confirmed this. 

Unless it may possibly change then who knows. 

Only way I can see any football tourney starting that early is by the SFA asking government for outdoor sport to be allowed to continue in level 3. I mean after all we’re still in level 4 now and have been allowed to train. Wait and see. 

Would it not be best to leave the dates as they are and continue to hope that the virus levels and all the rest of it continue to fall at the rate they are. This may help to open up options like use of changing facilities etc etc to be brought forward.

Everyone is delighted at the prospect of football coming back, but let’s not get to carried away and try to push our luck. Let’s ease back in with some contact training in accordance with the guidelines and then promote towards some friendlies for 2-3 weeks and then the tournament at the end of May. Let’s be honest, the tournament is surely going to be used as a pre season preparation programme anyway?? 

5 minutes ago, Jack&Victor said:

Would it not be best to leave the dates as they are and continue to hope that the virus levels and all the rest of it continue to fall at the rate they are. This may help to open up options like use of changing facilities etc etc to be brought forward.

Everyone is delighted at the prospect of football coming back, but let’s not get to carried away and try to push our luck. Let’s ease back in with some contact training in accordance with the guidelines and then promote towards some friendlies for 2-3 weeks and then the tournament at the end of May. Let’s be honest, the tournament is surely going to be used as a pre season preparation programme anyway?? 

Agree 100% 

Just getting contact training back in April/early May would be brilliant. Just go from there. 

2 hours ago, ... said:

All of mainland Scotland is going into level 3 on the 26th. Sturgeons already confirmed this. 

Unless it may possibly change then who knows. 

Only way I can see any football tourney starting that early is by the SFA asking government for outdoor sport to be allowed to continue in level 3. I mean after all we’re still in level 4 now and have been allowed to train. Wait and see. 

The early start is based on the restrictions getting brought forward similar to when non contact training was allowed but wasn’t planned that early. Eveyone needs to wait till April 5th to have any idea of dates. 

41 minutes ago, twoandahalf said:

The early start is based on the restrictions getting brought forward similar to when non contact training was allowed but wasn’t planned that early. Eveyone needs to wait till April 5th to have any idea of dates. 

Just have to wait and see I guess. Outdoor sport as you say was one of the few things brought forward this month, so see what April has in store. 

8 hours ago, DBCB said:

With the league going back to the start of play standings from last season. How are they planning on accommodating 6 new teams 

It will be voted on at agm 

might be another league .... might be 3 leagues of 14 

play home and away 26 league games .. 2 up 2 down .. seems the simple but nothing is ever simple .....

Currently have 

14 -12-12 

so if enough new teams come in 14-14-14 or whatever the total is 1st division 

Tayport AFC

AM Soccer (May be taking Cupar Hearts place if they go EoS) (AM claiming to have a pathway to senior football, might suggest that) 

Another Kirkcaldy Team 

Benartry Astros 

Leven AFC 

Rumours of St Johns (Perth) or Fair City 

At last meeting secretary said he was looking at starting 1st may but got an email today to say pitch hire wont be available till 17th may at the earliest 

this will cut the games to play each other once instead of twice 

30 minutes ago, ya cant said:

At last meeting secretary said he was looking at starting 1st may but got an email today to say pitch hire wont be available till 17th may at the earliest 

this will cut the games to play each other once instead of twice 

We cant play until May 17th anyway so makes sense.