Fife Football Forum

Football re starting????

Mariner

13 hours ago, DBCB said:

Tayport AFC

AM Soccer (May be taking Cupar Hearts place if they go EoS) (AM claiming to have a pathway to senior football, might suggest that) 

Another Kirkcaldy Team 

Benartry Astros 

Leven AFC 

Rumours of St Johns (Perth) or Fair City 

Cupar hearts havent applied for EOS.

2 hours ago, twoandahalf said:

Unless something changes at tomorrow’s update/announcement.

I hope so as much as you mate. 

All I want is clarification on contact training vs games, no idea why SFA has them starting on same dates. Imo contact in 26th april then games 17th May surely more common sense. 

44 minutes ago, ... said:

I hope so as much as you mate. 

All I want is clarification on contact training vs games, no idea why SFA has them starting on same dates. Imo contact in 26th april then games 17th May surely more common sense. 

Common sense doesn’t come in to it for Sfa. Grassroots in England been back a week now too.

23 minutes ago, twoandahalf said:

Common sense doesn’t come in to it for Sfa. Grassroots in England been back a week now too.

Its sad we have to wait until mid May when England are back at it & up here we cant even have contact in small groups. Same mistakes were made in 2020 mate, were fine to play all summer when things were good - the SFA waited until bloody September to allow games. 

Painfully slow easing of rules yet again, even with vaccines offered to all over 50’s..... 

13 hours ago, ... said:

Its sad we have to wait until mid May when England are back at it & up here we cant even have contact in small groups. Same mistakes were made in 2020 mate, were fine to play all summer when things were good - the SFA waited until bloody September to allow games. 

Painfully slow easing of rules yet again, even with vaccines offered to all over 50’s..... 

Its not sfa its scot govt guidelines ffs 

4 hours ago, ... said:

Contact sport was allowed in July last year. 

SFA waited until September to allow games. 

So yes, it was very much SFA. They make the call as to when games can start. 

Only allowed if testing was done .... scot govt dictate when contact starts no the sfa ffs min 

2 hours ago, ya cant said:

Only allowed if testing was done .... scot govt dictate when contact starts no the sfa ffs min 

No, contact sport outdoors was permitted in July last year. 

The Scottish Government then delegates responsibility to the SFA regarding when certain levels can resume matchplay. This year the Gov has said 17th May & the SFA isn’t waiting it seems, but imo they should be pushing for the 26th of this month. 

3 hours ago, ... said:

New level system published today - Level 2 & below for adult contact sport.

Basically, same as before the last shutdown. 
Looks like a May17th start to me officially. 

Was always may 17th neeb 

where ye been min ... ffs