Willie Drew Memorial Tournament

RESULTS

Thursday: 

Glenrothes FC 2019   2   Rosyth  3

Friday: 

Dundonald Bluebell  P  Scotia  P

Saturday:

Glenrothes FC 2019   1  Dundonald  2

Dundonald Bluebell (one club since 1938) win the inaugural running of The Willie Drew Tournament held at Warout this afternoon with a comfortable win over The Glenrothes FC. A decent crowd were in attendance as newco Glens looked to get their hands on their first ever piece of silverware having lost out to Thornton earlier in the season, also on home turf. Sadly though it was men against boys and the joint managers have failed once again to deliver as the trophy in memory of an oldco  Glens Legend makes it’s way to Cardenden in the clutches of the Moorside Park General Manager.

Edited by Go Daddy

22 hours ago, Weshallnotbemoved said:

How come the Glens played Dundonald in the final when they lost to Rosyth on Thursday night?

According to one of the Rosyth boys I know, Scotia had to pull out due to players with covid. Glenrothes told them the tournament was now cancelled but wanted a friendly, presumably to get in the £££s. They then proceeded to arrange to play Dundonald in the final themselves so one can only assume that it was once again money orientated.

I knew about the Scotia scenario as one of the Bell players I was chatting to last week told me their game was cancelled but I genuinely didn’t know the Rosyth score. I thought you had put up the wrong result and I was being a smart ass pointing it out. :lol:

I’ve heard it all now. 4 team tournament, losers play losers and winners play winners BUT if a team pulls out the losers of the game that goes ahead will play in the final. :lol::lol:  

So my apologies to you and thanks for keeping us up to date with the proceedings as I couldn’t find the result on their website. Can’t imagine why :whistling:

All of which means I have to agree with you that it must all be about the ka-ching. No managers report on a game held in the memory of a Glens Legend second only to the late great Jock Forsyth, but plenty details of Amanda’s £30 fitness classes, a £4 per hour kids crèche and Penmans porkie pie sales. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Weshallnotbemoved said:

All of which means I have to agree with you that it must all be about the ka-ching. No managers report on a game held in the memory of a Glens Legend second only to the late great Jock Forsyth, but plenty details of Amanda’s £30 fitness classes, a £4 per hour kids crèche and Penmans porkie pie sales. :rolleyes:

Certainly appears that way from the outside looking in. I thought they’d ditched the self preservation attitude of the last regime and the current chairman was doing a great job since the new club were formed. Quietly going about his business, attracting generous sponsorship and building a healthy support. It all had the look of a club who had turned senior. Fantastic gesture too by one of the co-managers raising around £1200 doing a 90K run for cancer research. Promoting your fund raising quests is all good and well but when it’s constantly rammed down your throat at the expense of latest scores, goal scorers and match reports, win lose or draw, it starts to tell its own story. Fans want score updates, goalscorers , (both for their own team and the opposition),  they want an honest opinion of how the team performed and how any new signings are progressing. Not a one sentence excuse after a defeat that 5 of the under 20s were taken along.  The old saying you can take the club out of the juniors.......springs to mind.

1 hour ago, Go Daddy said:

Fans want score updates, goalscorers , (both for their own team and the opposition),  they want an honest opinion of how the team performed and how any new signings are progressing. Not a one sentence excuse after a defeat that 5 of the under 20s were taken along.  The old saying you can take the club out of the juniors.......springs to mind.

I hope they ignore this because I much prefer reading yours. :lol:

Maybe they will get in touch and hire you for match days. 

Don’t need me they’ve already got someone. That’s the point I’m making, they only print what’s in their interest. Fans and sponsors who don’t attend have to search for results elsewhere because they cannot bring themselves to report after a defeat. It’s so unprofessional. Can guarantee you if they’d won at the weekend there would be a managers report on how brilliant they all were blah blah blah and pictures galore of the celebrations. I was in attendance so knew the score and the scorers but was still interested in what the co-managers had to say about it. I left straight after the final whistle so have no idea what the trophy in memory of Willie looks like. All the websites flooded with is money making posts and the hubs open again, the hub this,  the hub that, at the hub blah blah blah

Now you’ve started an argument between 2 of my old work cronies about who sang a 50s hit when one of them suggested  after reading your last post the Glens should adopt it as their signature tune.

Bah-bah-bah-bah, bah-bah-bah-bah
Bah-bah-bah-bah. bah-bah-bah-bah, at the hub!  :lol:

5 minutes ago, Weshallnotbemoved said:

Now you’ve started an argument between 2 of my old work cronies about who sang a 50s hit when one of them suggested  after reading your last post the Glens should adopt it as their signature tune.

Bah-bah-bah-bah, bah-bah-bah-bah
Bah-bah-bah-bah. bah-bah-bah-bah, at the hub!  :lol:

Had to google it 

F@nny and the Juniors 

how appropriate.

Edited by Go Daddy