Fife Football Forum

Iain Patrick

It was alleged on this forum some time  ago that an official of Fife senior football club Lochgelly Albert was guilty of making comments of a bigoted nature. A poster at the time, namely Bertie Wooster refuted such claims and requested evidence. The screenshot pictured below was duly supplied in the relevant thread and speaks for itself.

8B764A1D-1FC9-4B74-AB2F-EB833EACB541.jpeg

Although embarrassed but not offended by the above personally, there understandably are those who are. However despite numerous requests there has been no reply from Bertie or comment from the club who are fully aware of the matter. 

It has now reached the stage whereby we have accepted that no amount of ridicule will force Bertie to return and as far as we are concerned that poster no longer exists. Therefor the thread titled Bertie Wooster is now closed and all Lochgelly Albert related matters will posted in the corresponding thread. 

However we have absolutely no intention of allowing the subject to be swept under the carpet. On the contrary this new thread is intended to show exactly  how serious we are. Merely now putting the ball in Lochgelly and Iain Patrick’s court.

I’ll tell you how serious I am mate. 

Been waiting eagerly on the findings of the case against St Mirren chairman John Needham. He was fined today for the appalling nature of social media comments made towards Rangers fans.  Historic posts on his twitter account as far back as 5 year ago that were described as “not befitting of a person in football leadership” 

He apologised in October for his inappropriate behaviour  after it was brought to the attention of the Hampden bigwigs but was still fined £6,000 today for the discriminatory and offensive comments, bringing the game into disrepute. 

If Iain Patrick and Lochgelly Albert  do not respond in this thread by 9am Monday morning I will have no hesitation in contacting the SFA . This is not a threat but a promise and my last post on the matter in here. 

14 hours ago, Go Daddy said:

If Iain Patrick and Lochgelly Albert  do not respond in this thread by 9am Monday morning I will have no hesitation in contacting the SFA . This is not a threat but a promise and my last post on the matter in here.

I’ve been so busy lately wasn’t even aware of this case but see in today’s papers the similarities. Only difference I can see is that Needham’s were in 2015 before he became chairman. Perhaps the SFA disciplinary panel took that into consideration and that’s why the fine was so lenient. Or maybe it was because he apologised to those offended. Either way good to see they take such vile behaviour seriously and have set a precedent.

• jimmy locked and unlocked this topic
11 hours ago, Fergus said:

I think GoDaddy is rightly keeping a low profile after being called out for the sectarian hate speech he was coming out with in another thread. 

mibee comment in the ither threed then pal cos this is aw aboot the Lochgelly bigot or start wan aboot sean wilson a hink the boy is big enuff tae cum bak n xplain

59 minutes ago, Marconi said:

mibee comment in the ither threed then pal cos this is aw aboot the Lochgelly bigot or start wan aboot sean wilson a hink the boy is big enuff tae cum bak n xplain

That's fair enough.

I have posted in the original thread where the Sectarian hate speech was spewed by GoDaddy - Bertie Wooster - East Region Junior Leagues - Fife Football Forum

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2022 at 2:30 PM, Go Daddy said:

The SFA were informed of Ian Patrick’s behaviour on social media in December. 

There’s nothing in the disciplinary section of the SFA website to suggest it’s being dealt with, will be interesting to see what’s made of it after the punishment handed out to the St Mirren chairman for a similar offence.

Edited by Weshallnotbemoved

On 12/2/2021 at 6:06 PM, Weshallnotbemoved said:

Disciplinary Rule 72 – No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA, shall in an interview, a ‘blog’ on the internet, on a social networking or micro-blogging site, or in any other manner calculated or likely to lead to publicity (i) criticise the Decision(s) and/or performance(s) of any or all match official(s) in such a way as to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official; or (ii) make remarks about such match official(s) which impinge on his character. For the avoidance of doubt this Rule applies (i) whether reported to the Scottish FA by a match official for Misconduct or otherwise, and (ii) where remarks are brought to the Scottish FA’s attention, or of which the Scottish FA becomes aware, by whatever manner or means. There shall be a presumption that any material published in such manner was published in the name of and/or with the authority of the person or body bearing to have published the material

Disciplinary Rule 71 - No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Disciplinary Rule 73 - No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall in an interview, a ‘blog’ on the internet, on a social networking or microblogging site, or in any other manner calculated or likely to lead to publicity, make comment(s) of a discriminatory or offensive nature based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability, or that endorse or encourage foul play or violent Conduct or are otherwise offensive. There shall be a presumption that any material published in such a manner was published in the name of and/or with the authority of the person or body bearing to have published the material.

Disciplinary Rule 77 - A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football. Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent Conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

Go Daddy has asked me to highlight the alleged rules breached in the above Facebook post for any avoidance of doubt.

On 1/17/2022 at 11:00 PM, Marconi said:

oany update oan hoo this is gawn noo

Just like Ian Blackford yesterday in the House of Commons Go Daddy has been thrown out for telling the truth. After an intense back-and-forth with Mr Speaker Jimmy, the Bojo complainers have won the day. The tories inside Purvis Park continue to kick the can down the road while we await the Sue F’n grAy report.

I’ll be back with those findings in due course. Thats if the new administrative head of Fife Yard, commissioner Chong doesn’t intervene. :whistling:

6 hours ago, Weshallnotbemoved said:

Just like Ian Blackford yesterday in the House of Commons Go Daddy has been thrown out for telling the truth. After an intense back-and-forth with Mr Speaker Jimmy, the Bojo complainers have won the day. The tories inside Purvis Park continue to kick the can down the road while we await the Sue F’n grAy report.

I’ll be back with those findings in due course. Thats if the new administrative head of Fife Yard, commissioner Chong doesn’t intervene. :whistling:

I think it's time to move on! Like a dug with a burst ball. If the club/association haven't acted now then I can't see anything changing. 

3 hours ago, Berti said:

I think it's time to move on! Like a dug with a burst ball. If the club/association haven't acted now then I can't see anything changing. 

You my friend are entitled to your opinion. I don’t think you are in a position to judge, considering you aren’t to my knowledge privy to the sinister aspects currently at work behind the scenes. If I’m wrong feel free to enlighten us because until such time as justice is served all attempts to sweep this under the carpet is only fanning the flames.