Fife Football Forum

Burley

jimmythesaint

A lot of respect for Levein but think he has to do it on a bigger stage first. Jeffries and Calderwood appointments would make us a laughing stock. The man for the job who has seen it all and done it all Kenny Dalglish. If this was any where but Scotland they would be bending backwards to get him in there.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of respect for Levein but think he has to do it on a bigger stage first. Jeffries and Calderwood appointments would make us a laughing stock. The man for the job who has seen it all and done it all Kenny Dalglish. If this was any where but Scotland they would be bending backwards to get him in there.

Kenny is the man I had at the back of my mind. I know vogts was a joke but is there any other foreign manager out there who might be interested?

I mean Capello and Trapatoni are here, they have done wonders - granted with better players at their disposal - is there anyone that we might bring in thats not Scottish?

I can't get my head around the fact Ireland can pay top dollar for an established coach that's achieved everything in his career yet we can't. Surely we have more funds at the SFA than the Irish FA. We need to bring in an experienced coach who can utilise average players and build a team that's hard to beat. I'm hearing Jim Jefferies, Craig Levein, JIMMY CALDERWOOD. WTF. Absolutely no danger should any of these managers be anywhere near this job.

I can't get my head around the fact Ireland can pay top dollar for an established coach that's achieved everything in his career yet we can't. Surely we have more funds at the SFA than the Irish FA. We need to bring in an experienced coach who can utilise average players and build a team that's hard to beat. I'm hearing Jim Jefferies, Craig Levein, JIMMY CALDERWOOD. WTF. Absolutely no danger should any of these managers be anywhere near this job.

Ireland FA did not specifically pay for him it was an Irish businessman that put the money up to get him as far as I was lead to believe so we in Scotland need the same or it will be the cheap route once again.

Am I not right in saying that that Levein has a clause in his contact at Dundee utd that says if a bigger club comes in for him he can go if that is what he wants and he does am sure want to prove himself in England as never had a great time the last so would he want to take on a job that would surely scupper his chances of any big move in the future??

Ossie Ardiles now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does he not put himself forward for every job that comes around and gets none of them!

There really is not a lot of quality wanting the role which is a shame as at the end of the day it is our national team manager, regardless of what the state of the team is and am sure we want a high profile gaffer, but none of them seem to be interested......give me strength, Craig Brown - he will be wanting his side kick Roxburgh back as well!

I know it is best to get someone in asap, however we don't start our real games for a long while so maybe in this instance it is an idea to hold off and see what happens nearer the summer with managers and club situations?

We can forget about anyone of the stature of Trappatoni, it is an Irish millionaire that is paying part of his wages. The more I think about it someone like Dalglish or Joe Jordan would be ideal

Thats also my choice mate. Why not take both Dalglish and Jordan. Dream Team.

We can forget about anyone of the stature of Trappatoni, it is an Irish millionaire that is paying part of his wages. The more I think about it someone like Dalglish or Joe Jordan would be ideal

Thats also my choice mate. Why not take both Dalglish and Jordan. Dream Team.

Good choice but the problem is Dalglish can't buy players & he might bring in John Barnes for his tactical awareness :rollsmile: