Fife Football Forum

Midweeks

So if the reffs cuts 10 mins off each half and we don't have a halftime then the Reff gets £38 for just 70 mins that's no right 90 mins should be played or midweeks should be delayed for another week to make sure 90 mins get played

Hopefully there is no more of that jaz. All this surely could have been avoided if the question of it being looked at on Tuesday to see how the light was this week was sensibly considered instead of getting told to get on with, stop moaning etc. common sense and saves wasting players, committees and refs time if they have to stop games cos it's got too dark

see to be fair whooooosh if u think u cant do a btr job than these commite boys bash on. Ur team aint in a position to be asking to decide on tuesday nyt if these game go ahead. Use couldnt even field a team today.

Hopefully there is no more of that jaz. All this surely could have been avoided if the question of it being looked at on Tuesday to see how the light was this week was sensibly considered instead of getting told to get on with, stop moaning etc. common sense and saves wasting players, committees and refs time if they have to stop games cos it's got too dark

see to be fair whooooosh if u think u cant do a btr job than these commite boys bash on. Ur team aint in a position to be asking to decide on tuesday nyt if these game go ahead. Use couldnt even field a team today.
Canny see where a said a can do a better job, I asked a question (nothing to do with my team) going on the light the night and possibly the next few nights to see if it would be worth making a decision about games going ahead instead of the chance of some games maybe having to be abandoned because of no light. Again, no been able to field a team the day had nothing to do with the question that's been asked. Edited by Whoooooosh

So if the reffs cuts 10 mins off each half and we don't have a halftime then the Reff gets £38 for just 70 mins that's no right 90 mins should be played or midweeks should be delayed for another week to make sure 90 mins get played

Refs are no paid by the hour mate if a games abandoned cut short whatever the fee is the same, do you ever hear a ref asking for extra if a tie goes to extra time n penalties no , cause its swings n roundabouts

Think the importance of the ties is the problem. If it was divisional cup games I doubt it would be a problem. League games that decide the title should be Sunday games so there's no chance of having to chop 10 mins off

I'm with Craig on this one like, whether a game is a title decider or not you expect 90 minutes to be played in most cases, after all it's not rugby! The title decides should be 90 minutes because a 10/20 minute period in the game could be the difference in who wins and loses it, nothing surprises me in this league now though after the farce of the acorn situation