Fife Football Forum

Glenrothes

15 minutes ago, Oak Lee said:

As for Glenrothes this announcement is further proof they are dying a slow death. Be as well just asking back their ex chairman to finish what he started.

What absolute rubbish , the glens have ambitions to push on that’s why they are going east of Scotland 

1 hour ago, Oak Lee said:

Getting your ambitions mixed up with your capabilities then. At least the strollers would be able to organise a car boot sale.

They tried something a bit different and it didn’t work out big deal , does that mean they should shut up shop and give into people like you who have a vendetta against the glens I think not 

Edited by COYG
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, COYG said:

What absolute rubbish , the glens have ambitions to push on that’s why they are going east of Scotland 

It was my intention to keep my thoughts on this to myself for the time being but if you are to be taken serious, perhaps you’d like to elaborate on just why joining the EOS will be of any benefit. 

4 minutes ago, COYG said:

They tried something a bit different and it didn’t work out big deal , does that mean they should shut up shop and give into people like you who have a vendetta against the glens I think not 

Vendetta against the Glens? You’re kidding me aren’t you, or have you just forgotten my efforts on here last October to put right a wrong. Glens used to be a big club, it’s only natural their demise will be the topic of discussion. Kudos to you for defending it and perhaps you can persuade us to see things from your point of view. Throwing around accusations like that isn’t the best way to start though in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Weshallnotbemoved said:

perhaps you’d like to elaborate on just why joining the EOS will be of any benefit. 

Fat chance of that when they can’t even respond to any of the 30 odd comments from the people of Glenrothes they want to get behind them on their own Facebook page.   

“This is an opportunity for the people of Glenrothes to get behind its local football club and be part of the clubs vision moving forward” :lol::lol:

7 hours ago, COYG said:

Am all in favour of trying something different but a move to the east of Scotland is a dam sight riskier than a car boot sale. let’s be honest here the setup we are playing in is no to blame for the situation we find ourself in. we need to show ambition and get back challenging the Lochees and the Thorntons no travelling to the borders Other folk have said there support has dropped 40 percent  if that happens we would have to shut up shop. To risky if you ask me.

3 hours ago, Coco88 said:

Am all in favour of trying something different but a move to the east of Scotland is a dam sight riskier than a car boot sale. let’s be honest here the setup we are playing in is no to blame for the situation we find ourself in. we need to show ambition and get back challenging the Lochees and the Thorntons no travelling to the borders Other folk have said there support has dropped 40 percent  if that happens we would have to shut up shop. To risky if you ask me.

If that’s the case you’d be as good as shutting up shop already because Wee Kinnes’ family currently make up 40% of your support. :lol::lol:

20 hours ago, Coco88 said:

Whilst I agree with your most recent posts I can’t help but notice a change in your attitude. You claim to be a lifelong Glens man, but as someone who’s earlier posts were always only ever in defence of Mr Martin and Mr Cooper, may I suggest your mask is slipping and loyalty therefore lies with them and not the club. Not a criticism just an observation.

No wearing any mask if you think am Johno or dougie your way wrong. No changing any tune either just wondering why COYG who must be on the commitee thinks we’d be better off leaving a grade of football that’s served us well for years. A seldom go to away games but rarely miss home matches but that’s likely to change next season f were in the eos league. 

I wasn’t suggesting you were one of the aforementioned, I’ve no idea who are and couldn’t care less. Just pointing out that a real Glens man would be defending the clubs decision and not certain individuals.

As for COYG it doesn’t take Kelty’s answer to Miss Marple to work out he was the hedgehog responsible for the car boot sales.

Why should I be defending the clubs decision if I think their making a huge mistake. I don’t see the benefit of playing in the EoS at tier 7 or maybe it’s tier 8 and travelling over the forth every second week   Thornton and kennoway will be tier 6 with a lot less travel and bigger home crowds. Chances are one of them might even win and go into a play off with tier 6 north winners. Which will be another big home crowd and anything could happen over 2 legs and then with a bit of luck a play off against tier 6 winners from the west. Ok no saying we’d win tier 6 but somebody has to and what is there to gain being tier 7 playing pub teams from the borders.