Fife Football Forum

Scottish Cup 2013/14

Aye bookies won't be offering around evens, like last season at Turriff.

Turriff pumped them of course.

Correct, but there were worse scores than our 6-1 defeat, ask any Vale of Leithen, Golspie, Alloa, Bonnyrigg fans......Turriff did tremendously well to reach 4th round & take Morton to a replay......what was the score again??

• 2 weeks later...

good luck to my old team in the scottish , was always a great learning curve for me when i played in it and hopefully will make them better players.

we should be encouraging them and not be so negative, they are playing against players who get paid a few bob and are more experienced than the shippy boys except masson who is ancient :moon:

Was 3-0 a fair reflection?

Yes pretty much, thought we had a very good 1st half, kept them at bay until 30 odd mins when we lost a bad goal, but the guys kept battling away, the pen early in 2nd half was the killer blow, keeper got gloves on it but couldn't keep it out, gave them a fright when Kev Masson stormed through, beat 2 defenders, but shot was then parried by their keeper & hoofed clear, they certainly had us under pressure, but they didn't get too many clear shots as our guys got the blocks in, unfortunately backfired in last min when after 2 good blocks in our box, ball fell to their guy & hammered home from 10-12 yards......very good performance from our guys, as they are a good side, who can also "leave the foot in" when required, our 3 injured players can testify to that, esp the 2 injured in 1st half.....not sour grapes from me, I thought our guys played some good stuff & never gave in, but we were playing against a more than decent side who will cause a few teams problems.