Fife Football Forum

Kelty Manager

craw1

Finally after 167 posts white star finally writes something decent.

Finally after roughly the same amount of days Kelty have given me reason to :grin:

good appointment fae within kelty.alot eh time 4 big tam.aw the best m8.except against us ofcourse!!!

Surprised thought they might have went for someone with more experience in management but maybe a inspired choice time will tell.

Think Tam will look to bring someone with management experience in alongside him !!

Maybe wrong though!

Surprised thought they might have went for someone with more experience in management but maybe a inspired choice time will tell.

Think Tam will look to bring someone with management experience in alongside him !!

Maybe wrong though!

What's your opinion on Andy Healy mate? I'm pretty sure he would be a great addition.

Known Ang for a good few yr and used to play against and with him,

1 thing you would get is commitment from him, just dont think hes the guy Tam would be looking for at this time

Both have the will to win and have been good team mates together and know how each other work...tam would still be able to concentrate on

Playing and Stef could be the man doing the coaching from the dug out...I think they would make a good team together but will need to wait and see...I wish tam all the best whoever he chooses to work with him and wish Kelty all the best

a cannae understand how jason dair hasnt been offered this job by now. senior with the likes of dunfermline and bradford. surely a man with that kind of experience would be an excellent appointment.

a cannae understand how jason dair hasnt been offered this job by now. senior with the likes of dunfermline and bradford. surely a man with that kind of experience would be an excellent appointment.

With all respect to Jason I don't get your point, Jason is unproven in management, Oakley haven't exactly set the heather on fire under him, yes he's doing a good job but give the guy time to build a side at Oakley and prove his worth before touting him for other jobs. And the other thing just because someone has played at a high level of football doesn't mean they will automatically be a good manager.

can say fae playin under jason and in teams wi him that he is an outstanding manager and coach.will definetly be a success wherever he manages. agree all good players dont make good managers but jas is not one eh them.

With all respect to Jason I don't get your point, Jason is unproven in management, Oakley haven't exactly set the heather on fire under him, yes he's doing a good job but give the guy time to build a side at Oakley and prove his worth before touting him for other jobs. And the other thing just because someone has played at a high level of football doesn't mean they will automatically be a good manager.

can say fae playin under jason and in teams wi him that he is an outstanding manager and coach.will definetly be a success wherever he manages. agree all good players dont make good managers but jas is not one eh them.

I agree wi u dude think he will b successful as a manager nice honest guy aswell.

Some good points made on this subject although the person saying Jason Dair does not have the managerial experience, well compared to who ? Although it is early in his managerial career he certainly stacks up compared to Tom Courts, however Kelty have chosen Courts to follow Newbigging and time will tell whether or not they have made the right choice.

Sometimes appointing from within works sometimes not, Courts has extensive playing experience, it will be interesting to see if he can carry that into his dressing room role.