Fife Football Forum

Help 4 Heroes

valdas

FYI

All the team managers that attended the last meeting were informed that if they had players selected for the Help for Heroes game they would get the choice of playing or not if they had a fixture.

Whether it is Saturday or Sunday makes no difference all teams would have this option

Due to cicumstances outwith our control with a week to go we have no recognised select team.

The committee have put in place a contingency plan so that we can fulfil our obligation and not let anyone down.

We have asked Premier League winners and runners up Railway Tavern and St Clair Tavern to field a joint select team and I am happy to say both have agreed.

Apologies to any teams or players who think that they may have had players selected or played in the select team.

We dont have the luxury of time to build a select team properly so we have taken this decision.

If the Help for Heroes game takes place next year players missing out this year may get another chance.

Committee

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matter of opinion here, can understand it for a great cause and that guys should be made available but kind of agree with gogsy, why should Sunday games be cancelled if a team has Saturday players signed and they have been selected for the Saturday Ams team??? What would happen if say kennoway got to a final and it was to be played on a Wednesday night when the brig were due to play a league game, would the brig game get cancelled because 2 or 3 of their boys play for kennoway as well?????

Only using kennoway and the brig as an example, no having ago at 1 team.

shouldnt happen due to the agreement between the sat and sun leagues

FYI

All the team managers that attended the last meeting were informed that if they had players selected for the Help for Heroes game they would get the choice of playing or not if they had a fixture.

Whether it is Saturday or Sunday makes no difference all teams would have this option

Due to cicumstances outwith our control with a week to go we have no recognised select team.

The committee have put in place a contingency plan so that we can fulfil our obligation and not let anyone down.

We have asked Premier League winners and runners up Railway Tavern and St Clair Tavern to field a joint select team and I am happy to say both have agreed.

Apologies to any teams or players who think that they may have had players selected or played in the select team.

We dont have the luxury of time to build a select team properly so we have taken this decision.

If the Help for Heroes game takes place next year players missing out this year may get another chance.

Committee

bollocks what about fife cup winners no? seen as im banned and not ALLOWED to play i might speak to ang, as i play with a sat team aswell and think its a great cause and loved being part ov it last year. all the best to all involved :rollsmile:

FYI

Committee

st clair and railway tavern only, bit unfair on all other teams :rollsmile:

FYI

Committee

st clair and railway tavern only, bit unfair on all other teams :rollsmile:

This game was sanctioned via the SAFA - any team with 2 or more players in a squad can request a day off (I believe if a goalkeeper is involved it can be one player). None of the Premier teams had a fixture cast for next Sunday (Match Secretary was waiting for other games to be played before deciding on them) and therefore Railway Tavern and St Clair were approached.

This normally would have meant all other matches could go ahead, but the circumstances have cropped up where some of our teams have got 2 or more players playing, albeit for the Saturday League, and therefore are entitled to ask for the day off.

so the kelty v brig game isnt off then as railway and st clair make the team up?????

It'll be off mate because Bomber and Brem will be playing for the Saturday Select.

:rollsmile::cheers:

Absolute joke!!!!

This will have a knock on effect on attendance at the match from members of the sunday association.teams would probably nip along to see a properly considered and well thought out select team.granted,maybe the person responsible had no time to do this and pick a team.but why wait until now??why not say at the turn of the year so someone who was capable of doing this could step in and arrange a select team.there are some crackng players out there who would warrant consideration for this.we put players forward before christmas,boys playing out there skin week in week out.bit unfair really id say!!agree with baz aswell,jokers cleared up last season surely their boys deserve some consideration.

Absolute joke!!!!

This will have a knock on effect on attendance at the match from members of the sunday association.teams would probably nip along to see a properly considered and well thought out select team.granted,maybe the person responsible had no time to do this and pick a team.but why wait until now??why not say at the turn of the year so someone who was capable of doing this could step in and arrange a select team.there are some crackng players out there who would warrant consideration for this.we put players forward before christmas,boys playing out there skin week in week out.bit unfair really id say!!agree with baz aswell,jokers cleared up last season surely their boys deserve some consideration.

Have to agree here as well, if the league were struggling to get things organised then why not put out a request for help? Not just the players but I'm sure some of the managers, coaches and committee members would have loved to get involved with helping to field a side, a railway and st clair select is the easy option and in my opinion the wrong one, will leave a sour taste going into next seasons game, appreciate the committee have a job to do but again would prefer to deal in house rather than put things out in open, hope the game raises a lot of money but over the season we have seen some quality players who haven't even had a sniff at this game.

Absolute joke!!!!

Have to agree here as well, if the league were struggling to get things organised then why not put out a request for help? Not just the players but I'm sure some of the managers, coaches and committee members would have loved to get involved with helping to field a side, a railway and st clair select is the easy option and in my opinion the wrong one, will leave a sour taste going into next seasons game, appreciate the committee have a job to do but again would prefer to deal in house rather than put things out in open, hope the game raises a lot of money but over the season we have seen some quality players who haven't even had a sniff at this game.

It wasn't the committee picking the team it was Kevin Chapman. He bailed out last week I believe.

Absolute joke!!!!

It wasn't the committee picking the team it was Kevin Chapman. He bailed out last week I believe.

Surely there has been dialogue between the league and him up to this point tho shaun? If so there must have been some indication of his withdrawal, if not, and he has left them in the lurch then I withdraw my comments but struggle to believe that this came out of the blue, and again if this is the case, why not just say?

Absolute joke!!!!

Surely there has been dialogue between the league and him up to this point tho shaun? If so there must have been some indication of his withdrawal, if not, and he has left them in the lurch then I withdraw my comments but struggle to believe that this came out of the blue, and again if this is the case, why not just say?

left in the lurch is correct :cheers:

Absolute joke!!!!

many players from each team